Saturday 19 December 2009

Guest Room Gets a Touch of Christmas

It's time for Sunday Favorites, a fabulous event hosted by Chari at Happy to Design! Thank-you, Chari, for hosting this fun party each week!

Last Christmas I posted about a little feather tree I found at Michaels, the Christmas before. I brought it home thinking it might work well in my guest room.


When I have guest during the holiday season, I always plug it in just before it gets dark. That way, when my guest are ready to retire for the evening, they are greeted by this view as they enter the room. :-)


I found these darling, glass "crystal" ornaments at Hobby Lobby. They have snowflake designs etched into their surface...


When I first brought the tree home, I puzzled over just how I would decorate it. I knew regular ornaments would ruin the "airiness" of the tree. The delicate crystal ornaments seem to be just what it needed.




Doesn't it look like someone has been blowing bubbles and they've all landed on the tree?! :-)


I also found this sweet "crystal" beaded garland at Hobby Lobby to drape around the tree. It looks sort of pink in this pic, but the garland is actually crystal clear in person.


I needed just the right "topper" for my little tree...found this star ornament and removed the hanger...




Here's a little better view of the crystal garland.


The tree feels more "magical" in person than it does in these pics, but hopefully you get the idea. :-)


If you'd like to see more of the guest room, just click HERE. Be sure to stop by Chari's for more Sunday Favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment