Sunday 13 December 2009

Decorating for Christmas! Welcome to the 48th Metamorphosis Monday!

Happy Met Monday! Hope you've had a fabulous weekend! I've been busy finishing my Christmas decorating, inside and out...so, I'm exhausted, but in a good way. So happy to have it all done...now I can just enjoy!


Be sure to stop by Susan's (click HERE) for lots more Christmas decorating inspiration!

For this Met Monday, I'm sharing a metamorphosis that took place on my front porch this weekend.

Here's the summer view...



Ok, ready for the "After?" Before I let you see it, I wanted to show you an unexpected view. I never realized how pretty it was going to look from the inside. Love little surprises.




Welcome Christmas!




Last year I used faux greenery and really wasn't very happy with it. This year, I bought the real stuff from Lowe's. I can't believe how inexpensive it is...less than $7 for 20 feet of garland. Twenty feet will go one full time all the way around a standard door. I used two strands of garland this time. I may go for three next year...or maybe I'll just add some magnolia leaves for some extra fullness.




The wreath came from Lowe's, also.




All the pine cones are real, including the HUGE ones clustered at the top. They have just a little touch of glitter.




I added a few red bells...for a bit of whimsy.




I intertwined this ribbon all throughout the garland. It's covered with pinecones, too. :-)




A little close-up...







I, also, took a few pics out in the yard to share...
This guy greets guest as they start down the walkway...




A nighttime view of a large wreath that hangs on the gate to the backyard.




The dove cote got a touch of Christmas...




As did, the gas lantern...




Thanks for stopping by for my porch metamorphosis.



Looking forward to seeing all your "Before and Afters."



If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

Fabulous "Before and Afters" await your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment