Wednesday 16 December 2009

Colonial Williamsburg Centerpiece with Lenox, Winter Greetings Tablescape... Welcome to the 69th Tablescape Thursday!

Every year, for our Christmas feast, I pull out my trusty "apple tree form" and create my very favorite centerpiece for our Christmas dinner table. Next, I set the table with my much loved Christmas china, Lenox-Winter Greetings. But this year, I've had a little change of plans.

You see, I haven't had the heart to remove the Dept. 56 tablescape from my dining room table. (If you missed that tablescape, you may view it HERE.) I've just loving seeing the little Christmas town aglow each night. :-) I really, really wanted to re-create the Winter Greetings tablescape again this year in the dining room. I have a much better camera and I was just itching to take all new pics to see what I might capture this time around.

But, I just can't do it...can't take the village down, just yet. Sooo, tonight, I've decided to repost the Winter Greetings tablescape from last year, with a link to a post I created a little later, detailing how the centerpiece is made. Hope you enjoy...even if the pics are taken with my old Olympus! Oh, and if some of the pics seem a bit blurry, I'm sure that must be the fault of the camera and had absolutely nothing to do with the skills of the photographer. ;-)


The table is set for a Christmas feast...




Come on in...




Your place is right here...




China is Lenox, Winter Greetings. Just click on the name to find it at CSN with free shipping. The pattern features classically rendered holly branches, mistletoe, chickadees, cardinals, berries, and ribbons. This china was designed by artist, Catherine McClung who is well loved by collectors for her vibrant bird portraiture. You may read more about Ms. McClung and see more of her beautiful art, HERE.




When I came across this Lenox pattern on an historic home tour in Madison, Georgia...I knew I had found my Christmas china. One of the things I really liked about it, is that you could easily use it throughout the winter season. There are three birds on each dinner plate...a cardinal, nuthatch and chickadee. I love how the little chickadee has the end of the ribbon in his beak! :-)




Jingle bells encircle linen napkins...




Napkins are from Neiman Marcus, online. They often have them on sale with free monogramming...








Place card holders (by Raz) have a Christmasy feel...







I made the centerpiece using all fresh fruit. The center topiary is made of apples, with holly tucked in between. It's topped off with a beautiful pineapple, a welcoming sign of hospitality. The base is surrounded with magnolia leaves and nandina berries. Click HERE for a tutorial showing how it's done.




Crystal stemware is Waterford: Wine goblets are Crimson hock and the pattern is Lismore. Iced Beverage pattern is Araglin. Cranberry salt cellars were found on eBay.




Another view of the centerpiece...













Christmas dinner by candlelight...thanks so much for stopping by...





If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment