Tuesday 3 January 2012

Gawf-Chic


Sunrise by Norah Jones & the Handsome Band on Grooveshark

It's turned incredibly cold (finally!) here in Nashville, and I've been wearing a whole lot of black. I'm not sure if the two are related in any way, but this is a fairly dark outfit for me regardless. I knew I wanted to wear something dark with my new Jeffrey Campbell Busted Boots that I got for Christmas and I figured a little floral number with a tulle underlay would be the perfect offset for the industrial patent shine + buckles. They're really easy to walk in, but they go pretty high up on my ankles. They zip up on the inside of each leg and help keep everything nice and sturdy. They're a pretty fun little shoe! -- Anywhoo, yesterday Mike + I spent the day making exchanges and running errands in Franklin. Ran into two rad blog readers, too! Kelsey at the mall and Nikki at Genghis Grill! Hi ladies! Last night I sat on YouTube for far too long trying to figure out how ~branch out with my makeup. I sort of feel like a lost cause, no lie! I wish my best friend Jessica lived here since she's a makeup pro! Practice makes perfect, I suppose. Mike cooked a delicious dinner and we watched too much Breaking Bad... you know, a typical day!

We are gearing up to head north on Thursday. We're driving up to Chicago to spend a handful of days with Susannah + Chris! I love our random trips to Illinois and I'm really excited about this one. Friends and fun times, then Sunday we're heading to Milwaukee! Mainly because I've never been to Wisconsin and "Visit a new state" is on my 23 before 24 list! If y'all have any suggestions of things to see/do while we're in Milwaukee, please let me know! (In fact, anything to see/do while in the Chicago suburbs, too!) Spending quality time with our best friends is pretty much the icing on the cake for 2012! Perfect way to start it off! xo

Charlotte Russe dress
Target cardigan
HUE tights

PS; The JCs are on sale HERE + you can get an extra 20% off with the code KAELAH (that applies to everything on the site, too!) Believe me when I say, they're a lot more comfortable than they look!

PPS; The song at the very top is one of my all-time favorites. The kind of song you can listen to on repeat and never tire of it. Totally unrelated to the outfit, but the perfect way to start your day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment