Sunday 8 January 2012

Table Numbers for Wedding Reception: Welcome to the 155th Metamorphosis Monday!

Greetings!  Hope your weekend has been going great!  I have a Before and After to share for this Met Monday that's near and dear to my heart.  My son, Chip, and his sweetie, Nancy, will be getting married in May and they have been busy planning out all the details.



I'm always telling Nancy she would be a great blogger and should have an Etsy shop because she's a super talented seamstress, crafter and DIYer.   Much of what she's created for the wedding is all under wraps for now, but after May I'll be able to share a good bit more, including the beautiful dress she's made for the rehearsal dinner.

For this evening, I have permission to share the table numbers Nancy made for the wedding reception.   Nancy will fill you in on just how she crafted the numbers.  Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn't introduce our assistant for the evening, Thai.  Thai is Chip and Nancy's kitty.  Think of him as a furry Vanna White, except with numbers instead of letters. ;)  Nancy, take it away!




Nancy:
When I started this whole "wedding planning" thing I realized it was going to be 99% DIY on my part.  Did this scare me? NOT AT ALL!  I looked at it as the biggest, most amazing craft project ever - and let’s be honest, I am not one to shy away from anything crafty. I live for this stuff!

After designing and printing all our Save the Date notices, ordering hundreds of sheets of cardstock online to print our DIY invites, and tying bows on our 150+ programs, I realized I needed something else to focus my energy on because these projects were quickly wrapping up. So, I decided to work on table numbers.


I looked on Etsy.com for table numbers hoping to find a creative steal, but alas, they were all more than my DIY-self wanted to spend (at least $8.50 + a piece). With that idea out the window, I basically stalked Michaels (craft store) for sales and coupons. I was pretty sure I wanted to framed numbers of some sort, nothing crazy, and when picture frames went on sale for 40% off I knew I had to make this happen!



I went into Michaels with the intention of getting wooden (to paint) or black frames, but then I saw two different styles of metal frames (one with little diamonds and one without diamonds, but a pretty design) for $8.99. With 40% off this made them $5.39 a piece.  Hold the phone…I also had a 25% off frames coupon (gotta sign up for those e-mail deals--they are worth it!!) = $4.04.   I also had a "spend $25 get $5 off--spend $50 get $10 off" coupon.  I bought 12 so it was $48.48, plus I had some other knick-knacks, so I got $10 off which made each frame come down to $3.21 a piece!  I could have saved even more if I had gone with my black frame idea (I believe those started at $5.99) but I LOVED the silver frames so I decided to “splurge.”



The numbers are wooden, 3 inch cutouts I had previously gotten at Michaels on clearance for $0.65 each (normally $0.99+). I sanded them down and painted them black. Then I took silver paint and a dry paintbrush and gave them an “antique” look. I had left over “pearl” paper from our invitations, so I cut that down to size and used it for the backing in each frame (3 pieces = 12 backings). Then glued (hot glue gun) the numbers in place. Voilà!



Total spent: $46.32 + tax…which was about 1/3 of what I would have paid (at least) to order them elsewhere. ANOTHER DIY SUCCESS!



Nancy, thanks so much for sharing how you created these beautiful table numbers for the wedding reception.  They are perfect and are going to look wonderful on the tables!



Looking forward to all the Before and Afters!

To receive the latest posts, as well as updates about blog parties, subscribe via an RSS Reader or have BNOTP delivered right to your Inbox.  You'll find links to subscribe via RSS and Email on the sidebar to the right.  Thanks for reading; so glad you are here!

Reading this post via e-mail or RSS feed?
*If you are reading this via email or RSS feed, to view all the Before and Afters linked for Metamorphosis Monday, click HERE.

Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday you will need to link up the "permalink" to your MM post and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top of your blog, into the "url" box for InLinkz.

In order to link up, you'll need to include a link in your MM post back to the party.

If you'd like to include the MM button in your post, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo under the "BNOTP Parties" header at the top of this blog.

PLEASE DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course.


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment