Wednesday 4 January 2012

Fun Stuff Worth Sharing: Part II

Sometimes I think these are the most fun posts.  I've accumulated all these tidbits and ideas to share with you, but somehow I just never found the right day or time to do so.  So here they are, all lumped together.  I dare say, there's something in here for everyone.  :)

Before Christmas I found this cute little deer door hanger at Lowes for $9.99.  He ended up out here on the porch.



I decided to leave this wreath up for a while.  It may look a bit Christmasy but I don't mind.  To me it says winter.




And besides, I am still enjoying this silly guy.



He may end up in my  "hunt themed" family room HERE once winter is over...maybe for a wreath on the door to the porch.




Last year I spent a ridiculous amount on a calendar from one of the local office supply stores.  Determined to not do that again this year, I stopped by Dollar Tree and look what I found.



These will be perfect for keeping up with my blogging schedule, personal schedule and other important dates.  The small red one is for logging down mileage expense.  So if you're in need of a 2012 calendar, these aren't fancy but they'll get the job done for only $1.



Of course, you know I had to check out the glassware while I was there.  Do these look familiar?



If you liked how they looked in this tablescape, apparently Dollar Tree still has them in. (Tablescape can be viewed HERE.)



I also used them in this celebration/transformation of the porch for the 4th of July. (Tablescape and porch makeover can be viewed HERE.)  They pack a lot of punch for just $1 each.



They also had these whimsical martini glasses with wavy, silly stems.  They are great for serving desserts if martinis aren't your thing.



I used martini glasses I found in Dollar Tree for dessert in this tablescape below.  (Tablescape can be viewed HERE.)  Don't they make cute dessert dishes?




They also still had plenty of these fun lemon glasses.



These are perfect for lemonade during the summer months. (This mini scape can be viewed HERE.)



I also used them in this summer scape,  HERE.



Office Musings:

I've been playing in the office AGAIN!



Two wee changes:  I added a little "preserved" boxwood wreath to the mirror for Christmas and I like it so much, I think I'll leave it up for a while.  Do you see the other tiny change?  (Don't look at the lamp.  I stole that one from the porch since the lamp I had stolen from the dining room really needed to go back in the dining room for Christmas.  One day I'll find a lamp I like for this spot.)



I've been looking for a crown to top off my dress form, but the ones I found just didn't quite fit the "crown budget."  You have a crown budget, right? ;)



I found this adorable mercury glass crown at Marshalls for only $12.99.  I think it's supposed to be an ornament...note the hanging loop thingy at the top.   It would be one heavy ornament, though--don't think a Christmas tree limb would support it for long.

I tried to snap the loop off with some ceramic cutters I have, but no going.  I think it will have to be cut off by someone with some serious cutting tools.  Ummm, gotta work on that.



I've been on the hunt for a rattan or rattan and fabric ottoman to go in front of the chair here in the office, something that would nicely coordinate with the woven baskets I have in this room.   While I was shopping in HomeGoods last night, gift certificate in hand, I came across this neat globe.



I haven't decided if I'm going to keep it, hence the tag you see still attached.  But one of my goals for this year or at least for 2013, is to travel to Europe.  I've never been outside the U.S. (the Bahamas doesn't count) and I'm itching to see Italy.  Actually, I'm itching to see any place.  Universe, do you hear that?

I thought this globe would be a daily "in-my-face" reminder--a reminder to dream big, travel more and work less.  I have a birthday coming up, maybe that's what's got me in this "seize the day" mode. :)  Wouldn't it be fun to add little dots to the globe marking all the places I visit as I travel around the world?  lol   Don't look for dots anytime soon...but maybe some day.  ~~~Sigh~~~



Oh, one last thing...while I was shopping online last night for an ottoman for the office chair, I discovered Pier 1 is flush with Rosalie chairs, now.  So many folks e-mailed me after I posted about this chair last summer, but alas, Pier 1 had only 2 in stock here in the Atlanta area and none on their website back then.  Well, now there are bunches showing online and in the stores; so if you were one of the folks who fell in love with Rosalie, she's available again.

I just noticed their description in the ad.  Have you ever heard the word "chimerical?"  I just looked it up and it means: whimsical, fanciful, imaginative.  Love that!  I learned a new word today.



Here's how she looks in the office.  Oh, and the bee pillow is back on sale again at Ballard Designs for $29.


So that's it!   See ya tonight for Tablescape Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment