Monday 2 January 2012

Resolutions + Goals

Thanks so much for all of your sweet words on my blog's redesign launch last night! I'm tickled pink that you like it (see what I did there?!) I thought I'd talk about some goals and fun resolutions today in order to keep the New Year momentum going!

I'm never really one to make "tangible" resolutions for the New Year. I use those mainly for my 23 before 24 lists and such. But still, I thought I'd really try and make this the most magical year by vowing to stick to some ideas! Below are a few things that I'm aspiring to accomplish...

Twenty Twelve // Resolutions + Goals

1. Be true to yourself. Always. // I'm choosing to showcase my life to the entire world... I want to make sure I'm accurately depicting myself. The good, bad + ugly. I started this blog as a way to meet new people + share my "journey". It doesn't do any good to try and play Keep Up with a hundred other bloggers when our stories aren't even remotely similar.

2. Take more candid photos. // It's been a while since I've taken a film camera out and just shot random photos for the sake of doing it. Mike + I used to do that daily when we lived in Spring Hill + Franklin. I'm determined to get back on that horse. I always have a disposable camera in my purse so here's to putting it to good use!

3. Budget... and more importantly, stick to it! // We're getting married in 9 months (!!!) and so much still needs to be done. Buy the dress, all the crafty DIY stuff, figure out rentals + catering, accessories + Mike's outfit, pay the remaining photography balance, and make reservations for our honeymoon. We've got a lot of work ahead of us!

4. Save for brick + mortar shoppe. // I thought Honeybean would help quell the desire to have a brick + mortar shoppe immediately, but all it really did was fuel the flame. I love Honeybean and I hope she's part of my business for many many years to come, but I also can't wait until I have an actual storefront. Measures are being taken and plans are being made. It's happening... it has to.

5. Expand Etsy + Honeybean. // Moving forward with our online (+ mobile) businesses will be a great way to help prepare us for the daily grind of working in the shoppe. This year I plan on taking Hive + Honey, as well as Honeybean, to the next level as far as blog sponsorships, giveaways, and promotions.

6. Think before you tweet. // I have a tendency to forget my filter when it comes to Twitter. No one cares about half of the stuff that gets posted, and a fraction of the other stuff is just rants + complaints anyway. I need to chill it with that. 

7. Make good decisions. // Vague much? This can be anything from "Don't buy those shoes", "Eat a carrot instead of a cookie" or "Go to bed earlier so you'll get up earlier"... A few bad decisions here or there definitely make for an exciting ride, but I need to keep myself in check to help ensure that I'm making the right decisions for me + my family.

8. Last but not least, Branch out! // I'm naturally shy (No one seems to believe that?!) and am pretty reserved with people. I open up a lot fairly quickly I suppose, but I'm still one that will avoid a party at all costs because I'm so socially awkward. I've met so many rad people via this little blog and hope to continue that into this new year. Hopefully I can break out of my shell a little bit... We'll see!

What are some of your new year's resolutions + goals?! I'd love to hear them! Link me over if you've made a post or feel free to share below!

The winner of the iPad 2 giveaway is announced in the original post!

No comments:

Post a Comment