Friday 28 January 2011

Wallpaper H-E Double Hockey Sticks

When you die, if you've been bad...instead of going to heaven, I believe they send you to a room covered in wallpaper where the walls were never primed or sized. Then, you spend an eternity removing wallpaper, one micro-shred at the time...because an eternity is exactly how long it's going to take. :(

When the first product I bought didn't work AT. ALL., I returned to the big warehouse store and armed myself with a new arsenal of products.




This represents 2 1/2 hours of work. :'( Waaaaah



Apparently, during the last twenty years while this room was covered in a baseball themed wallpaper, the wallpaper and the paint on the walls fell madly in love and got married. They definitely took vows of "to death do we part." When I manage to get a piece of the paper to come off, the paint is totally married to the backing of the wallpaper, as in, they have become "one." You can see it in the pic below. And this is after soaking it thoroughly a gazillion times with the wallpaper remover stuff.



I've tried a paper tiger, vinegar, M-1, and two kinds of DIF and this is how the walls are looking. I'm not looking forward to repairing all this. :(


On a happy note :) the flooring is going in today, beginning around 10:00 AM EST. I'm going to publish some mini-posts (with a picture or two) documenting the progress all throughout the day...that is, if my flooring guys don't mind pics during the process. Stay tuned. :) In the meantime, don't forget to check out all the wonderful tablescapes posted for yesterday's Tablescape Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment