Friday 7 January 2011

A Little Fun Around Blogland

Make your own ornament placecard holders for Easter, similar to what I used HERE. Lydia has a great tutorial at Saturday Morning Treasures




Make a doggie bed from a suitcase like Brian did at Decor Demon!




Check out some great bathroom "Before and Afters" all across Blogland at Centsational Girl.




Take a tour of this year's HGTV Dream House in Vermont.




Ever wonder what it would look like if you painted the inside back of your bookshelves from white to a bold color. Sherry and John made a dramatic change to theirs and you can see the new look at Young House Love.



I'm just starting to work on a little project in my home. It's going to involve converting my son's old room (shown below) into an office area for yours truly. I've never really shared this room with you guys because frankly, it has been a mess since he went off to undergrad school. I kept thinking on one of his trips back home for the holidays, he might have time to go through everything and box stuff up. But whenever he's here, we have so few days to visit, I haven't had the heart to ask him to spend it packing things up. He did go through all his clothes on one trip home, so at least that's done.

Soooo, it looks like it's up to me, hence all the boxes you see in the floor. The plan is to box everything up, put it in the basement and one day he can sort through it all and decide what to keep. In the meantime, I'll be sharing the ideas I'm bouncing around for this room and a HUGE dilemma I'm facing. I'm linking this project to Nester's Home Goals Party! Check back on Sunday evening when I'll reveal more of this room and my big plans. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment