Saturday 22 January 2011

The Gift

Hi Everyone!
Hope you're having a wonderful weekend! I thought I'd do a little "rug"shopping this weekend. I'm on a quest for a fun, whimsical rug for the home office I'm working on with the hopes of avoiding the plastic floor protector thingy...ugh.

While I've been working my patooty off moving furniture, cleaning out closets, boxing and hauling stuff to the basement and garage and stripping wall paper, I decided to treat my tired self with a book I've been wanting to order for a long time, Where Women Create. I ordered it and a second one by the same author called, Where Women Create: Book of Inspiration, then I got back to the exhausting (and sometimes sad) job of cleaning out my son's old room.

A few days later I received an e-mail from the seller of the book, Where Women Create, saying it was listed in error and was no longer available. (Don't worry, I've since found it online and ordered it again.) The e-mail said a little gift was on its way to me for this mistake.

A few days later, a package arrived and when I saw what was inside, I knew I had to share it with you. The letter inside said, "I have enclosed a little 'dream pouch' as a gift for your time and effort and for our mistake. The little pouch provides a place to write down 'your dream' keeping it close to you as a daily reminder to never lose site of your dreams.




Inside I found this little envelope...




And inside the envelope was a darling little pouch made from very thick felt. Attached to the pouch were a few sparkly beads and a tiny silver charm engraved with the word, "Dream."




Inside the pouch was a little slip of paper...




It's the perfect size for jotting down a few thoughts about a dream you carry in your heart.




This little pouch appears to be handmade. There are tiny stitches holding the little silver necklace/thread in place. It's very small as you can see...wouldn't take up much room in a pocket or a purse. I love the little sparkly bead on the end of the necklace. I think these would be fun to make and enclose in a card to a friend.




I've always felt deep in my heart...that which we focus on and think about, will eventually come to pass. I've seen this happen many times in my own life. What dream do you carry in your heart? What would you write upon this tiny slip of paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment