Wednesday 28 October 2009

Halloween Tablescape! Welcome to the 62nd Tablescape Thursday!

Saturday we took a field trip and toured a most amazing dish room (HERE) belonging to Bonnie who shares our love for all things dishes. With all that wonderful china, I couldn't wait to see what Bonnie might have in store for Halloween. She actually put together two tablescapes...a "fun" one and one that will rattle your bones. :-)

Let's start with the fun one...in Bonnie's beautiful breakfast room...



What a fun tablecloth! This would be a great tablescape for both young and old...soooo cute! I LOVE her flatware...actually, I just bought some just like it this past weekend after seeing it on Michael's tablescape at Designs by Gollum. Can't wait to use it! Isn't it perfect in this whimsical Halloween tablescape?!


Love the cute Jack-O'lantern salad plates!


A ghostly place card...


Booooo, I believe this is your place...


Adore the napkin rings!


He doesn't look too happy about having to hold up all those candles. :-) Love the dragonfly chairs!


Even the chandelier gets a touch of fall...beautiful!


A final glimpse of Bonnie's fun Halloween tablescape...before we move on to the "scary" tablescape.

Ok, RUN...RUN NOW, if you are a scaredy cat (like me.) :-) Here, I have an idea, let's all hold hands...we'll feel less afraid that way. Ok, you go first...no... you! Really, I insist. You're the guest so it's only right that YOU should go first! I'll just follow right behind...really, I will.

O.K. We'll go together! 1. 2. 3...GO!!


EEEEEK! :-)


Deliciously spooky!


This is Farnsworth...he will be our butler for the evening. Everyone tells him he has a dazzling smile! :-)


Love the candle holders...they make me feel like I'm entering through the gates of a very spooky cemetery....Mwaaahhhhh!


Come a little closer, dear! Ahhh, he's talking to YOU!


My name is Skully and I'm your host for the evening. I have something I need to tell you, so lean a little closer and I'll whisper it in your ear. GIVE ME A KISS! Ok, so I have a little over-bite...you got a problem with that?


I've prepared your place right here. Have a seat...NOW!


I had these plates especially made in my own image...a lovely self-portrait. Do you like them? Of course you do...I'm such a handsome devil!


You have your own candle light this evening! Notice our lovely flatware...





Here, let me serve your poison...ahhhh, I mean drink. Never mind the Black Widow...she just dropped down from the chandelier over head for a little sip.


She appears to have lots of friends...


You seem a bit slow to place your napkin in your lap...ummmm. :-)


Pssst, over here! Let's sneak away from the host for a moment to check out Bonnie's hutch...it looks amazing!


Click to enlarge for a better view...


Not too spooky over here...just pure Halloween fun!


Well, maybe a little spooky, although she looks more like a good witch than a bad one. :-)


So glad you could join me for dinner!


Hope Bonnie's tablescapes made you smile THIS BIG?!


Items in first tablescape:
Plates - Marshalls
Chargers - Pier 1
Salads - Lillian Vernon
Flatware - TJ Maxx
Glasses - Macy's
Napkin rings -Bonnie made 30 years ago
Votive candle holders - Michael's
Ghost in center - Unknown but very old.
Little ghost placecard holders- Craftmart,many years ago
Tablecloth-TJ Maxx


Items for second tablescape:
Dinner plates-Fiestaware, from Marshalls
Salads-Pottery Barn
Chargers-TJ Maxx
Napkin Rings-Home Goods
Skull-Michael's
Champagne flutes-Macy's
Candle "Gates"- $2 yard sale find
Runner is just a swatch of fabric from Joann's

Bonnie, thanks so much for sharing these fabulous tablescapes! They were both so creative and fun!!!

Looking forward to seeing all the tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday!




If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have lovely tablescapes awaiting your visit:



No comments:

Post a Comment