Sunday 18 October 2009

Sunday Fun...

Happy Sunday...hope you are having a fantastic weekend!

Did you catch the podcast (audio) interview with designer, Charlotte Moss, over at The Skirted Roundtable? If you are a Charlotte Moss fan, you will not want to miss it! I really enjoy her design/decorating books, so I found the interview very interesting.

I recently received an e-mail with some fascinating pics that have me looking at stairways in a whole different way. Check these out!

Have you ever seen a staircase where all the support was from the top? This concept makes me think of those upside down Christmas trees that some folks hang from their ceilings.





You would need great balance for this one...no handrail!


Ultra modern...


Wow...this is really an engineering wonder! The only support appears to be where the side is touching the wall.


Ok, this just makes me dizzy!


Left pic is the view from the top; Right pic is the view from the bottom


Like riding a giant wave...


I was just trying to envision vacuuming these!


Here's one way to make use of that dead space between the steps...although, these look quite steep. Don't think I'd like this as my home's main stairway, but I could definitely see this done on a back stairway. Just reach down and grab your reading material as you head up to bed each night. :-)


View from the top...


Turning your staircase into sculpture...


Amazing!


The inside view...


Another clever use of the riser space...


I suppose you would have to go up this staircase the same way each time...starting with your left foot. Looks like some good exercise!


I want one of these in my house! Don't you think we should all start our day this way?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment