Wednesday 25 May 2011

Magnolia Centerpiece: Welcome to the 144th Tablescape Thursday!

It's gorgeous here today...lots of sunshine! I love this time of year! Let's have dinner out on the porch tonight. Sound good?



I've only used this china once before (I think) in a tablescape HERE.



For some reason it always inspires a magnolia blossom centerpiece.



The huge magnolia tree in my front yard had more flowers this year than it has ever had during the 20 years I've lived here. It has been covered in big beautiful flowers for two weeks now and the scent is heavenly.



Even the termite inspector who came out for the yearly inspection commented on the wonderful scent of the magnolias when I greeted him at the front door. Now you know they smell great when that happens. :)





I wish you had a scratch and sniff screen...when are they going to invent that? ;)





I started to set the table with the matching cream soup bowls to this pattern, but I could only find five.



So, I left the matching underplate in place and used a fruit bowl on top for a multi-layered look.



The underplate...



The salad plate...



The dinner plate...



I folded the vintage embroidered napkins in the shape of a pocket fold. You'll find the directions for creating this napkin fold HERE or just click on the category "napkin folds" at the top of this blog and scroll down to view past napkin folding tutorials.



Just for fun, I changed the direction of the fold on the back of one of the napkins to see how it would look. I can't decide; I like it both ways. Which way do you think it looks best?



I found this etched stemware at HomeGoods about 4-5 months ago. Green is my favorite color so I couldn't resist.



I love how they looked with the magnolia centerpiece.



Stop by THIS post to enter the fun giveaway from A Great Impression.
Looking forward to your beautiful tablescapes! I'm joining in the party at The Lettered Cottage. Come join in!



Chargers: Neiman Marcus or Horchow, purchased 3-4 years ago
China: Syracuse China (Made in America), Pattern: Orchard, Purchased on eBay 2+ years ago
Crystal: Iced Tea, Waterford, Araglin; Wine: Le Stelle, Made in Italy, HomeGoods
Silver Flatware: Towle, King Richard
Embroidered Napkins: Found antiquing 1-2 years ago
Magnolia Centerpiece: Magnolias are from my yard


Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name. Then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

If you'd like to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code you'll find under the "Join a Party" heading at the top of this blog.

Please, link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday, thus increasing visits for all participants.

Please, don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment