Wednesday 13 April 2011

The One That Got Away

Yipee! The furniture is back in place at last. It feels like the office grew several feet.  You can just see Max's steps peeking out from behind the desk. He is using them and they are working well.   I'm looking forward to finding a great chandelier to replace the overhead ceiling fan. From the very beginning I knew I didn't want this home office to feel too officey or too serious. Early on, I set my sights on a whimsical, tole chandelier for this space.



After looking on eBay for a few weeks, I found this cutie.



In its past life, it hung over the breakfast table of a home in Annapolis, MD for 30 years.



Unfortunately, I missed winning it by about $10. Drat! Don't you just hate it when that happens?



At first it looked like I might get it after all because it turned out the winner lived in Australia and shipping costs was going to be a lot!



But apparently over the last couple of weeks, another shipping avenue was found that was more affordable and the chandelier is now headed for Australia after all. :(



I guess that means something even more perfect and delightful is out there waiting to come live in my office. At least, I hope so. :)



So this was the one that got away. I've seen a couple of similar ones for sale, but they weren't in the greatest condition and/or were missing the poppy that hangs from the bottom. As cute as this one was, I just know there's an even better one out there...just waiting for me to find it. I was a tad worried about the red in this one...afraid it would limit other choices I might make in the office. So, it's probably just as well that I didn't get it. One thing I've learned over the years is if I see something and it's gone when I go back, or if I miss something like an eBay auction, later on I am usually glad because I almost always find something I like even better. So, I'm thinking positive. There's a great chandelier out there somewhere...I just need to be patient.



If you're new to BNOTP and would like to see how this office looked before, click HERE and HERE.

See you this evening for Tablescape Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment