Wednesday 6 April 2011

Country Rooster Table Setting: Welcome to the 137th Tablescape Thursday!

It was gorgeous here today. It was so pretty I was tempted to put this tablescape out on the porch, but the pollen is insane right now. If you look closely, you can see it out there on the porch floor. That isn't dust...that's pollen! Yikes! We'll tablescape out there soon, but for now let's stay inside where it's a little less messy.



So come on in and have a seat...



Today the roosters are the star of the show, beginning with these cute rooster appetizer plates/bowls. I've used these once before in a tablescape on the porch HERE. This one has red around the edge.



And this one is edged in blue.



A view without the napkin.



I decided to use my red, ruffle-edged salad plates for a little contrast. I've used these before in this fall tablescape and in this Valentine's Day tablescape.



This china has a matching salad plate, but I really liked the look of the red for this table setting.



The dinner plate: I love the acorns and sunflowers in this pattern.



This pattern is called "Fall Rooster" but I think the sunflowers make it great for summertime, too. As you can see, setting a pretty table doesn't have to break the budget. The dinner plates and salad plates were only $2 each. Gotta love Marshalls!



I layered a plaid napkin with a solid napkin for a fuller appearance. I just love mixing plaids in with patterned china. Setting a table can be like decorating a room. Mix those patterns for lots of interest and color. The beaded napkin rings were found on sale at Pier 1 in their clearance bin years ago.



If you don't have a lot of napkin rings in your tablescaping arsenal, don't worry. Inexpensive raffia works great. I think it would have been a pretty alternative for this tablesetting.



Glasses are from Old Time Pottery and were very inexpensive. I bought these a year or two ago, but they still had them the last time I was there.



For my centerpiece, I snagged Mr. Rooster from the kitchen counter where he lives full time and placed him atop a cake pedestal I bought at HomeGoods years ago. He has settled down into a bed of nandina and encore azaleas clipped from the yard.



Rooster salt and pepper shakers complete this rooster themed table setting.



My sweet daughter-in-love-to-be, gifted these adorable rooster spreaders and yummy jams to me this past Christmas.



Birds-eye view...



Looking forward to all the beautiful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday! :)



Resources:
Chargers: Neiman Marcus or Horchow, years ago
Rooster Dinner Plates: Marshalls
Rooster Salad Plates: Marshalls
Red Ruffle-Edged Salad Plates: HomeGoods, years ago
Rooster Appetizer Bowls: HomeGoods, 1-2 years ago
Flatware: HomeGoods, years ago
Stemware: Old Time Pottery, years ago
Napkins: Kohls and Marshalls
Napkin Rings: Pier 1
Pedestal in Centerpiece: HomeGoods
Large Rooster: Steinmart, years ago
Greenery/Flowers: My Garden

Cupboard Party at Note Song:
Shelia, is having a Cupboard Party at Note Songs. Be sure to stop by and check it out. I am so jealous of her cupboard...wait until you see it! I'm going to stop by and link up my Dish Closet since it's my favorite cupboard in my home. :) I later tweaked that same closet and that post is available HERE. Thanks, Shelia for hosting this fun party!




Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name. Then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

If you'd like to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code you'll find under the "Join a Party" heading at the top of this blog.

Please, link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday, thus increasing visits for all participants.

Please, don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Welcome! Thanks for coming to the party! Please don't forget to link back to this week's Tablescape Thursday party in your post, so your readers will find the party and your fellow bloggers and friends will receive lots of visits, too. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment