Wednesday 6 April 2011

Springtime Means Porch Time!

One of the best parts of blogging is receiving e-mails and photos from readers of BNOTP. Candy e-mailed back in September to let me know she had been so inspired after seeing my screened in porch, she decided to add a screened-in porch on to the back of her home. Along with the photos of her porch, she wrote: "It is truly a work in progress. Thank you for your blog; if it wasn't for your porch, I would still be sitting on a lawn chair on a slab of concrete."

Here's the way Candy's home looked before she added her porch.



This photo shows the early stages of construction. You can really tell it's going to be a nice, large porch!




Starting to take shape, now. I like how she kept the knee wall nice and low. That's a great idea because at that height, it won't obstruct the view when you're sitting and looking out across your yard.





The screens and door are in place now. Let's go inside.




Candy furnished her porch with lots of beautiful, white wicker. I love white wicker...I know that comes as no surprise. :) Candy created a wonderful spot for having breakfast or evening dinners.





There's a cozy spot for visiting with a friend or just reading while soaking up the cool breezes. Candy used tongue and groove "yellow wood" for her flooring. She said, "Not so much as a mosquito can get through it." Awesome! That's what screened-in porches are all about!




I love the chaise. I think this is where I'd live! There's even a flat-screened TV so you can watch the game while cooking out on the grill or lounging on the porch.



What a beautiful swing...the pillows make it comfy and cozy.


Candy thanks so much for sharing your beautiful porch! I know you are looking forward to entertaining friends and family in this awesome space this summer. I'll be sharing some information and helpful tips soon regarding things you may wish to consider when adding a porch to your home. It's Springtime and I have serious porch fever!

No comments:

Post a Comment