Wednesday 13 April 2011

glamour

Photobucket

alright so the only purpose of this cute gif is the fact that i adore her nose ring. it's SO cute. and it ties in with a quick story that i have for everyone...

I GOT MY NOSE PIERCED!!!

it was the best [and worst] experience ever!

so i'm out on the town, driving around with my boyfriend and i tell him that i want to get it done. i had been thinking of the best way to actually get it done, if i should plan a time and date and show up to get it done at the tattoo shop or if i should be spontaneous and just GO DO IT one night when i get the nerve to do so.

sooooo i went with the latter of the 2... as stated previously, we were out and about shopping for groceries and i decided that i should just go to the tattoo shop down the street from our condo and find out the cost, if they use a needle or a gun, how the place looks inside etc...

i walk in and i tell the lady at the front counter...

 "hello, i'm interested in getting my nose pierced."
she comes back with "are you interested or you WANT to get it done?"

nice, right? i didnt' need her attitude. i was FREAKING out. a huge needle going through my nose. in one side and out the other. YES. i was juuuuuust thinking about it.

she tells me that it costs $35 and at that point i'm sold. if i love it. i keep it. if i hate it. i remove it. end of story. so i run to the atm to grab some cash because i hardly carry cash on me... i'm nervous the entire time... just imagining how bad its going to hurt.

i get to the shop and there is a boy in front of me getting his tongue pierced. he goes back. and then comes out a few minutes later acting as if nothing had happened. i figured - if this kid can get his tongue pierced, i sure as hell can get my nose pierced. after all - i had heard that getting your nose pierced is the equivalent of plucking out a nose hair. i can handle that, right?

after the piercer guy cleans his little station - he calls me back. i'm nervous. nervous walking to the back room. nervous talking to him. i sit down in a huge over-sized gorgeous white leather chair located in a hot pink room with a mirror and a little sterile station for his torture supplies. he marks my nose. all the while talking about a picture that was on his wall of a robot unicorn. colors galore. it was the weirdest picture i think i've ever seen...

i check the mark on my nose to make sure that i like the positioning. and i tell him i like it. he shoves the cork in my nose and i close my eyes. i then feel a sharp pain and a tug as he pulls it through my nose. okay - that wasn't too bad. he then follows the needle with the ring and tells me that it's over. he gives me a mirror and i look at my piercing. all the while, feeling verrrry light headed as i had not eaten for hours..

i start feeling dizzy. and the next thing i remember is dreaming of the robot unicorn. i woke up half on the chair, half on the floor. with my dress to my waist and my heels to my butt [thank GOD i was wearing tights]. but i had just fainted. and slid right off my throne to the floor. the little piercer guy brought me candy, water and a glucose tab.

i sat there for a few minutes and then waltzed out of there. i don't have any good pictures of the piercing yet. but i took this one on my phone the other day. it's a bit hard to see but it's located on my right nostril. i hope to be able to put a ring in there in a few weeks. i will have more pictures later! ♥

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment