Tuesday 14 December 2010

Even Horchow Gets It Wrong Every Now and Then

Announcing: Blogging Bloopers Party on January 1st...Be There or Be Square!

Ok, that was corny...but I couldn't resist!

On January 1st, 2011, BNOTP will be hosting the first ever "Blogging Bloopers" Party and you'll get to see all the boo boos I've made (and sometimes hid) during 2010. Last January I created THIS post showing some of my Blogging Bloopers from 2009. I asked if you guys had some bloopers to share...and the comments left on that post were hilarious! That day, I decided we needed to make this an annual party. Be sure to read the comments on that old post...you will not want to miss Bill's (Affordable Accoutrements) confession! He's gonna kill me for that! :)

Here's a little party button I created in case you'd like a reminder for your sidebar...showcasing one of my bloopers. :)


I hope you've been saving pics of your decorating, cooking, crafting, blogging, tablescaping etc... blogging disasters because we want to see all of them on Saturday, January 1st! Well, at least the G rated ones. This is a family blog, you know! :)


Even Horchow Gets It Wrong:

Just in case you've ever wondered if you're the only who makes mistakes that either get, or almost get posted for the world to see, check out this ad I spotted in a recent Horchow catalog I received in the mail. Notice anything? Notice any 3 things???

Now, I'm not one for being a stickler on all the "rules" of tablescaping. In fact, I even break them sometimes on purpose! Gasp! But, it does catch my attention when I see a big company like Horchow goofing up. It kind of gives us all permission to be human, doesn't it...not that we needed it. ;)

There are 3 things that are not quite the way they should be in this tablesetting, based on the various table-setting etiquette books and online sites I've read. Can you spot them? There may be even more, but I definitely see 3. Two are really pretty minor...one is truly surprising! I think I may know why they did one the way they did.



So, have you spotted them? Leave a comment with the tablescaping faux pas you spotted in the above Horchow ad. Hey, maybe Horchow should join our Bloopers party? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment