Sunday 26 December 2010

Snow in Georgia

It happens every Christmas. As it comes time to say goodbye to my son and his sweetie, I get those post-holiday blues. Does that happen to you or are you lucky enough to have your children/family living near by?




I've lived in Georgia pretty much my whole life. We've had snow before Christmas and after Christmas, but this is the first white Christmas I can recall. It actually snowed on Christmas Day.




Here's the knock-out rose I blogged about HERE during the summer. Should I cut it back? It was originally in a topiary or more rounded form at the top, which I really liked.







This is the top of the screened-in porch...not a view I'm used to seeing out of the upstairs windows.




The Southern Magnolia, bearer of all those magnolia leaves I decorated with this Christmas, looks very different today. The maple is a 'Waterfall' Japanese maple. I saw one once in an issue of Fine Gardening and after searching everywhere, I finally found one for my own yard. The camillia you see was loaded with flower buds. I'm hoping some will survive the snow to bloom later. It normally blooms this time of year and into January. I love having camillia blossoms to float in bowls in January. Did you get snow this Christmas where you live?



No comments:

Post a Comment