Wednesday 15 December 2010

Christmas Tablescape: Twelve Days of Christmas! Welcome to the 121st Tablescape Thursday!

Happy Tablescape Thursday! It's been sooo interesting today reading all the comments left on the Horchow tablescape. Please remember, Tablescape Thursday is NOT about rules. It's about having fun and creating pretty tablesettings that add to the enjoyment of dining with friends and family. I do "generally" go by the suggested "rules" for setting a table. But, I'm not above breaking them and doing my own thing...as you'll see this evening. My hope is when you stop by BNOTP each Wednesday evening, the table I've set will make you smile and perhaps spark an idea you can use in a future table setting.

Tonight, we're dining by candlelight and by the lights of the Christmas tree.





The light was just beginning to wane when I began setting the table...




A chickadee and a towhee came to the outdoor chandelier that hangs from the pergola just outside the bay window. I felt like they were asking why I hadn't filled the feeders. So I stopped and rushed off to the bird store for seed, filled the feeders and then went back to playing with the table.




It was getting a lot darker now...




If you think everything has to be perfect to participate in Tablescape Thursday, think again. You'll notice I have the coffee cups already on the table...something you would normally wait until the end of the meal to bring out. I wanted to share them with you and I wanted to use them to hold candles this evening...so the rules went out the window. Don't come here for the rules...come here for the fun and inspiration. ;)




The china I used this evening inspired this centerpiece. I'm hoping he's a Christmas goose. Does he look like a Christmas goose to you? ;)




I surrounded Mr. Goose with magnolia leaves. I am all about using magnolia this Christmas season! I used it to decorate my mantel and around my front door this year.




I turned the tables on the napkins this evening. Instead of using the napkin sheaths on the outside, I put them on the inside. I liked the way the napkins looked layered over the organza sheaths.




I took some of the Christmas bells I used HERE last year in the garland around my front door...




And turned them into napkin rings for the night. They have little wires with tiny bells on the end and they were perfect for wrapping around the napkins.




I placed one bell at the foot of our Christmas goose.




If you follow BNOTP on Facebook, you'll remember this china. I got lucky one afternoon while out antiquing and came across eight, 4-pc place settings of Valarie Parr Hill's, 12 Days of Christmas for $45! I'm on the lookout now for days 9-12. Here are the salad plates for days 1-4.




Salad plates for days 5-8...




Dinner plates for days 1-4...




Dinner plates for days 5-8...




A few close-ups of some of the dinner plates...







The inspiration for the centerpiece :)















Julia at Hooked on Houses is having a Holiday House Tour Party...come join in!

Looking forward to viewing your beautiful tablescapes!



Resources:
Dinner and Salad Plates, Cup/Saucers: Valerie Hill Parr, 12 Days of Christmas, Found this year while antiquing in a local store
Glassware: Gorham, Festive Holly, Marshalls a year or two ago
Flatware: Silverplate Beethoven, eBay a year or two ago
Napkins: HomeGoods, this year
Napkin Sheaths: Pier 1, this year
Goose: HomeGoods
Magnolia: From my yard



Please Read:
If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name. Then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

You may see a red X once you enter your link. No one else can see the red X, it's just there in case you make a little mistake and need to delete your link and re-enter it.

I'd love for you to use the Tablescape Thursday logo button in your post. To do that, just copy and paste it to your computer and upload it to your post as you would any photo. Or, just grab the html code posted on the sidebar under the TT button.

Please, link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday, thus increasing visits for all participants.

Please, don't add your post name/blog name in ALL CAPS...it tends to create big spaces between the rows of links. Thanks!

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)
Little Reminder: Thank-you for linking back to this post so the regular visitors to your blog will find all your fellow Blogger's posts linked here for this Tablescape Thursday. Don't forget to use your permalink. : )


Little Reminder: Thank-you for linking back to this post so the regular visitors to your blog will find all your fellow Blogger's posts linked here for this Tablescape Thursday. Don't forget to use your permalink. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment