Sunday 5 December 2010

Deck the Halls: Christmas Holiday Decorating! Welcome to the 98th Metamorphosis Monday!

Hi Everyone! Welcome to Deck the Halls! I can't wait to see all the wonderful holiday decorating you've been doing in your home!

A couple of weeks ago, I shared a Pottery Barn hack where I made and decorated my porch columns in garland very much like the PB ornament garland, but for less than half the price. (You can read that post HERE and you'll find the tutorial to make the garland, HERE.)

Here's a photo of the porch with the garland. As you can see, the porch was definitely not finished.




Every door needs a wreath, basket, or something for Christmas. Right? :) I found this wreath at Lowes , but once I hung it on the door, it looked a bit too small. I started to return it, but then I got the idea to just beef it up a bit.



I've been using a lot of magnolia in my decorating this year...like in the mantel I posted, HERE.




I added magnolia leaves all around the outer edge and a little to the wreath itself. Much better. :)




I made the bow from some ribbon I already had.




I hung pine garland around the door and added additional magnolia to the garland to tie the look in with the wreath.




Clusters of magnolia were added to the corners, along with ornaments left over from when I created the garland.







I have three of these angels...used them in my Christmas decorating years ago.




I placed one over the center of the door...I just love her there. :)




The dove cote gets a wreath each year...




And the gas lantern gets a touch of Christmas, too.




One of the best parts about decorating a porch is enjoying it from inside as you pass the window. :)




A few pics from inside...













A few pics of the porch lit up at night...



















Skates are filled with pine from the garland and magnolia and nandina berries from my yard.

















Looking forward to seeing your holiday decor!


Deck the Halls for Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Deck the Halls, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

Please DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)


Please include a link in your Deck the Halls post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome posts linked for this Deck the Halls Event. If everyone links back, this maximizes the visits for all participants.

No comments:

Post a Comment