Friday 24 December 2010

Southern Living Idea House in Senoia Georgia: Bedrooms and Baths

Merry Christmas, Eve! While we continue enjoying all the beautiful tablescapes posted for Tablescape Thursday, here are a few more rooms in the Southern Living Idea House I toured several weeks ago.

This was the Master Bedroom. The colors were really soft and soothing...very warm.



I was really curious about how the lamps were mounted above the bed...so I spread the fabric apart to see. Here's the best pic I could capture in case you were wondering, too.




Love, love, love the secretary! The door there on the right leads to the master bath.




Here's the view looking back at the bed...this pic is from Southern Living, online.




And here's the Master Bath. Notice how the sink is designed to look like an old dresser or piece of furniture. Beautiful mirror! You can just see the built-ins inside the master closet in this pic. How about a look inside?




The master closet...


More of the Master Bath area...I was intrigued with the tub and how it sort of fit down into the cabinetry around it.


So I took a close up to share with you in case you were curious how it looked, too. The cabinetry was literally cut to fit around the shape of the tub.




This was one of the children's bedrooms in the home...




Another view... It was impossible to get full views of rooms...people were everywhere!




This bathroom was located between the bedroom you just saw and a nursery...coming up next. :) I had to rush to get all the pics because people were entering and exiting the rooms all the time. I really wish I could have captured more full-room pics for you. Oh well, this is better than nothing, right? :)




Cute nursery! I managed to catch this room with no one in it. I really loved all the bright colors in this home. After so many tours in the past years of new homes/model homes with bland, neutral, beige interiors, it's was wonderful to see lots of color in rooms again.




Another bath in the home...cute cabinet and...WAIT. JUST. A. MINUTE! Hold the Presses! It's a shiny brass mirror! Can you believe it??? It makes me happy to see some polished brass in a Southern Living Idea House. There's hope! My home just may be back in style again one day. ;) Wallpaper and a brass mirror! It is sort of funny/interesting to see a modern "vessel sink" in a bathroom with wallpaper and a brass mirror, isn't it?


Hope you enjoyed this part of the tour and I hope you're having a wonderful holiday with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment