Friday 31 December 2010

Blogging Bloopers Party...Sharing Our Goofs and Gaffes

It's almost time for our Blogging Bloopers Party.


InLinkz (linky tool) will go up this evening before 9:00 PM, so please stop by later this evening or tomorrow and link up YOUR Blogging Bloopers post highlighting some of your funny and maybe not-so-funny, moments during this past year of blogging. I've had serveral and I'm going to put a paper bag over my face and show you a table I created but was too embarrased to ever post for Tablescape Thursday. If I had posted it, it would have been nicknamed the "shag carpet" table. ;) Yep, it was that bad! Tonight, I'm sharing the shag carpet table with you...and I may never live it down! My reputation will be ruined! ;)


My Gaffes from 2009:
To get you in the mood for this year's Blogging Bloopers Party, I'm reposting my confessions 2009 blooper's post that ran last January 2010. It highlighted all my gaffes for 2009. That post received so many fun comments, I just knew we had to have a Party this year to celebrate all out blogging goofs and mishaps. :) I'm looking forward to reading about your boo-boos during this past year. In the meantime, here's the repost of some of mine from the year 2009.


To warm you up for tonight...here's a repost of last year's Blogging Bloopers at BNOTP... Posted Originally on January 2nd, 2010:

So, you've been thinking things always go perfectly here on the porch. Right? Well, I hate to burst that bubble, but.......NOT BY A LONG SHOT! :-) You know those out-takes they always show you in the theater, right after you've just finished watching a movie? I thought it might be fun to share a few "out-takes" from my blogging life here on the porch.

You may remember this "Garden Party" tablescape? It turned out to be one of my favorites. I especially loved this pic capturing the deep-blue night sky contrasting against the dark shadows of the trees and the bright colors in the tablescape.


But what you didn't see was me prying the faux flowers off the top of the greenhouse when it was time to take the tablescape apart the next day. Yep, I fused those babies right to the top of the greenhouse with the candles I had burning inside. (LOL) Not only were they fused to the the greenhouse, but they were fused to each other! :-) (To view this post, click HERE .)


Then there's the occasional picture that's just perfect, well, all except for that glass that's completely out in left field. Note to self: after taking a closeup, move the stemware back to where it actually belongs. :-) (To view this post, click HERE.)



Then there was the time I created a series of small tablescapes on a silver tray...


And in the process...


Tried to catch the wreath on fire. :-) Yes, I did.


See that little brown singed spot to the right of the flame...clipped it right off and all was good. :-) (Click HERE to view those tablescapes.)


Really, there are so many I could share from hitting "publish" by accident before a post was even close to being finished to adding a song to my playlist with a word that was definitely NOT in the radio version. (Scroll down to the bottom for the playlist to hear this song.)

Example: "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt...when you hear it on the radio, he sings, "She could see from my face that I was flying high." Well, I found out the hard way that "flying" is not the word he uses on 99% of the Playlist versions. YIKES! I'm pretty sure I set a land record streaking across my office to my computer to get it off my Playlist that day. They do have a "clean" version on the Playlist site, nooooow. That's the version you'll find posted on my playlist today. Whew!

So, there you have it...just a few of the "Bloopers of 2009" here on the porch. Now I want to hear yours! :-) Even if you aren't a Blogger, feel free to share some of your tablescaping faux pas. And if you are a Blogger, what were some of your 2009 Blogging Bloopers? Come on...you know you had some! :-)

Click HERE to read the comments left on this post...they are quite funny!

See you tonight for the start of the linking for our January 1, Blogging Bloopers Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment