Tuesday 7 December 2010

Christmas Historic Home Tour...The Last of the Photos

Hi Everyone!

I'm back to share the last of the photos from a recent Christmas tour I took with friends on Saturday. After a wonderful day spent touring and taking photos inside the Georgia Governor's Mansion with friends, I came home to a disturbing e-mail. Unfortunately, after being given permission in each of the homes where I took photos and being told by docents, "Sure, folks have been taking pictures all day," I received an e-mail today with bold lettering and exclamation points, ordering me to "remove the interior photos immediately!" No questions about anything...just orders in bold lettering with exclamation points!

Tracey, if you happen to read this and photos of your lovely home were among those I removed, just e-mail me at betweennapsontheporchatgmail.com and let me know which ones they were and I'll be happy to add them back. In fact, I'd love to do a whole post highlighting your beautiful home or any of the other historic homes in this area. Thanks again to everyone who opened their home for this lovely holiday tour.

Update: Stop by this Saturday for a tour of Tracey's beautiful historic home. I'll have lots of new photos to share...and you're going to love them. :) You'll find another historic home all decorated for Christmas, HERE.

Some photos from the tour:

I pass this gorgeous home on the way to garden club every month. There were Christmas trees throughout...really beautiful.




I loved the lanterns on the front porch...




We were being watched as we made our way from house to house. :)




This was behind another one of the homes, just outside an adorable guest cottage.




I love this idea...and it would be super easy to recreate. They sell these metal stakes/hooks at most garden centers. Just take wire and put it around the mouth of a mason jar, insert a candle and pour in a few cranberries. What a delightful way to light the path for guests coming to your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment