Sunday 29 March 2009

Make a Lamp from Something You Love! Welcome to the 11th Metamorphosis Monday!

Several years ago I was out antiquing and I came across this cute doggie. Ummm, the wheels started turning, and I thought he just might be the perfect size to...



...have made into a lamp. I'd been shopping for a small lamp to go on this table in my family room for some time. The room had/has a bit of a hunt/canine theme going on, so this little guy fit right in.



In this pic of the family room, you can just see the lamp beside the chair on the left. The other lamp you see in this pic is a "doggie" lamp, too.



If you have a table or nook somewhere in your home that needs a lamp, and you just haven't been able to find the right one...



keep a look out for a decorative piece you just plain love. Almost anything can be made into a lamp.

To have the lamp made, I took the doggie to a local lamp store. First they had me choose the color I wanted for the base. I chose a dark brown color that I thought would work well on the small table and wouldn't take away from the piece.

They attached the doggie to the base and ran the post up behind him, never having to drill into the piece at all. Here's a view of the back...



I was also able to choose the shade and the finial for my lamp. The total cost for this lamp was around around $65.



It's fun to have a lamp you designed yourself and you know you most likely won't being seeing everywhere. Just imagine all the fun possibilities!



Hope you enjoyed this little metamorphosis...now I'm off to see all the other "Before and Afters" for this Met Monday!



Happy Met Monday! If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click on the Metamorphosis Monday logo in my sidebar for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:

No comments:

Post a Comment