Saturday 21 March 2009

A Little Secret That Will Delight Your Dinner Guests

If you're like me, you rarely iron these days. I tend to iron a lot more in the spring/summer months since that's when I'm wearing a lot of cotton and linen clothing. It's perfect for those hot, balmy days and evenings here in the south.

When it comes to ironing my tablecloths and napkins, I have a little secret I thought I'd share with you today. Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I love to use scented linen water. :-)




Linen water comes in lots of different scents...like 'Grapefruit'...which I've used before...or 'Sweet Pea' as shown below.




My favorite, though, has to be lavender.




It reminds me of the French lavender I have growing in my gardens...




But, the best part about ironing with scented linen water is the delight on the face of your dinner guest as they unfold their napkin to place it in their lap, and suddenly catch the heavenly scent of Sweet Peas or Lavender! :-) Now that's worth just a little bit of ironing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment