Friday 6 March 2009

Pink "Purse" Saturday!

For this Pink Saturday, I thought I'd share a little Mary Frances handbag I bought a few years ago. It's the only Mary Frances bag I own and it has delicate touches of that sweet color, pink. I always carry a small purse because I don't like the weight of a heavier one. This Mary Frances bag is my favorite for an evening out. You can dress it up or down. It looks great with an evening dress or with jeans...I've carried it with both.

Front view...I love all the little details...like the beading.


Back view... This little bag is covered in a wonderful mesh-type fabric, under which appears to be a silk fabric. I fell in love with it when I very first saw it because it has the look of an antique or vintage piece. (Click to enlarge.)


Mary Frances purses are especially known for their intricate detail work...they are usually covered up in beading...and I do mean, covered up! This bag actually has less than most. I love the pink beads you see here. The other beads you see running all over it are a gorgeous green...they are the same color as the fabric, with which this bag is lined.

More details...do you see the pink in the darling iridescent butterfly? I love the soft colors of all the fabrics used to make this bag...like the little pink flowers under the butterfly.



Isn't this just the cutest clasp? (Click to see the little "diamonds" down inside the clasp.)


This bag reminds me of Mary Poppins's bag because it looks like it wouldn't hold very much, but it's actually very roomy down inside.



It's lined with a beautiful deep-green fabric...hard to capture in a photo. Each Mary Frances bag is a little different since so much of it is hand-made.


Mary Frances bags are available at some Macys stores, Neiman Marcus and on eBay. I bought this one from The Addison Collection online. (Just click on their name to go to their website.)

All the Mary Frances bags have style names, but I can not remember the name of this one for the life of me. If someone recognizes it and remembers, let me know, and I'll add it to this post. I'm sure it's been retired by now since it was about to be retired when I purchased it. I normally remove the dangly 'Mary Frances' name thingy when I use it...I just like the look of the bag without it.


You can access the actual Mary Frances website by clicking HERE.



Be sure to visit How Sweet the Sound to see a complete list of all the participants in today's Pink Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment