Sunday 15 August 2010

A Porch Metamorphosis and some Hummingbird Fun, Welcome to the 83rd Metamorphosis Monday!

Back during early spring...or was it winter...I forget now...I took down the sheers that normally hang at the "windows" of the screened-in porch. The sheers still looked great, but I figured they could use a good washing since they had been hanging there for 2 years. About time, huh?

So the porch has been looking like this all summer...naked (or nekked as Shelia would say) and bare.




I was kind of enjoying this open look so I haven't been in a big hurry to put the sheers back up.



This weekend that changed...time to see sheers again. Only took about 15 minutes to hang them all back up since I'd left the rod supports in place. Feels more complete again...softer. Yep, I was ready.




They have been swaying in and out with with the breezes from the overhead fans. Not much breeze otherwise. Yay for fans!




If you like the look of sheers, it's easy and inexpensive to add them. These were less than $5 per panel and I found them (along with the rods) at Wal-mart. I purchased painted rods so they wouldn't rust...so far they have held up great. In the two years they were hanging, I've never had a problem with mold or mildew. They are so light and airy, they dry very quickly if they get wet.

I've been thinking...I may just try something different for fall. Ummm, can you hear the creaky wheels turning in my brain? LOL



See that red thing hanging outside from the candle-lier...which is hanging from the pergola overhead? That's a hummingbird feeder. Since I'm still working on my video skills, I decided to make like a statue on the deck...a statue with a video camera. Mr. Hummingbird wasn't at all sure about the crazy woman in the corner a few feet away. I'll keep trying and eventually he'll get used to seeing me out there. In the meantime...here's a 1 minute video I shot today. When he almost landed, I tried to zoom in...then he zoomed off. :) For a larger view, click on the thingy (to the left of the word Vimeo) that looks like four tiny arrows all pointing outward. It will enlarge the view...then just hit your escape key when finished. Enjoy!





So what have you been up to this Met Monday? Can't wait to see!



Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday: Please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

I'd love it if you would include the MM button in your post, to make it easy for others to find you MM post. To do that, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo on my sidebar.

Please include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome "Before and Afters" linked for this Metamorphosis Monday. If everyone links back, this maximizes the opportunity for visits for all who participate. I don't like having to delete links, I truly don't. But it isn't fair to the other participants who do link back, if I allow some to participate and not link back, showing they do not care if their fellow participants get visits or not. I hope you understand why I will have to delete your link if you do not link back to the MM party...just trying to make it fair for all who participate and maximize visits for all who participate.

Please do not add your link below, until your MM post is actually published to your blog. Please DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment