Sunday 8 August 2010

A Backyard Renovation and A Give-a-Way! Welcome to the 82nd Metamorphosis Monday!

Hi Everyone! Happy Metamorphosis Monday!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! I spent my Saturday at Vision Computers in Norcross, Georgia...drooling over their awesome computers. I have computer fever something terrible. :) After a trip to Vision Computers, a friend and I headed to dinner at Six Feet Under in the Grant Park area of Atlanta.





Six Feet Under is located across the street from Historic Oakland Cemetery, thus its name.




They have the best home made potato chips and fish tacos. I always get the catfish and shrimp ones...Yum! This time, I almost had a Tombstone Tea with my meal, that was until I read the ingredients...yikes! The waiter told me it's like a Long Island Tea. I've never had one of those before either...but after I finished reading the ingredients, I chickened out. ;)




Just before dinner, we drove by my favorite stalker house in Grant Park. I was surprised to see it is on the market.




If you'd like to see the the real estate listing and interior pics, visit Harry Norman Realtors. The real estate listing didn't show my favorite part, the "bat in the belfry." I shared that fun story previously in this post.



After house stalking and dinner, we headed back to my friend's townhome. Recently, the small back yard was renovated to make the area much more usable, with the idea of keeping it low maintenance. I'm afraid there are no "Before" pics but imagine a very much overgrown and messy/muddy area with lots of weeds...my friend's words, not mine. :)

Here's the After! Beautiful!




A Crepe Myrtle has replaced what was once a tiny pond. A fountain (not running at the time of the pic) adds a nice feel/sound to the area. Behind me (not pictured) is small table for dining. A pretty little stone wall was created to surround the arborvitae.




The courtyard/patio was installed to create more usable space while reducing the upkeep and maintenance of this area .




The paved area was continued down beyond the neighbors home, too...makes for a lovely view.




If you have a small back yard that's getting overgrown and out of hand, hope this post will give you some ideas and inspiration. :) Looking forward to seeing your, Before and Afters!




Metamorphosis Monday:
If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday: Please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. To get your permalink, click on your post name, then just copy and paste the address that shows up in the address bar at the top, into the "url" box for the picture linky. You'll also need to put your e-mail address in, but don't worry, it will not be visible to anyone.

I'd love it if you would include the MM button in your post, to make it easy for others to find you MM post. To do that, just copy and paste the Met Monday button to your computer or grab the html code from underneath the MM logo on my sidebar.

Please include a link in your MM post back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. Why is this important? When you include a link back to BNOTP, it ensures your regular readers/visitors will find the other awesome "Before and Afters" linked for this Metamorphosis Monday. If everyone links back, this maximizes the opportunity for visits for all who participate. I don't like having to delete links, I truly don't. But it isn't fair to the other participants who do link back, if I allow some to participate and not link back, showing they do not care if their fellow participants get visits or not. I hope you understand why I will have to delete your link if you do not link back to the MM party...just trying to make it fair for all who participate and maximize visits for all who participate.

Please do not add your link below, until your MM post is actually published to your blog. Please DO NOT type in all caps...it spreads the links waaaay out. Thanks! :-)

Let's try something fun today! Please visit the person who linked before you and after you...that way everyone will get some visits. Hope you'll visit more, of course. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment