Wednesday 1 April 2009

Dining for Two! Welcome to the 32nd Tablescape Thursday!

Here in north Georgia, the leaves are beginning to pop out on many of the smaller trees. But the really big ones...like those in my backyard, are a little slower to rise from their long winter's nap and don their spring-green wardrobe. Leaves or no leaves, the warmer temps have me craving dinner out on the porch.

You may recognize the daisy centerpiece, complete with a bunny-on-a-stick, from earlier posts this week. :-)


Instead of dining at the larger table, let's sit right over here by the window where we can get a close-up view of the birds coming to the feeders.


Oh, look! One of the birds has flown over and perched right on our napkins! :-) I don't often have an opportunity to use these gold napkins, but they worked perfectly with the gold trim around the edge of the salad plates.

The faux bamboo flatware was a great find at Big Lots last year. I'm always amazed at how often I use it in tablescapes. I found it on sale for $12, for 20 pieces (four, 5-pc place settings.) They had another box, but it was missing the large serving spoon and meat fork. Since I already had those pieces in the first set, I didn't hesitate to buy it...and, they let me have it for only $8. So eight, 5-pc place settings for around $20...Yea, Big Lots! :-)



Have you ever seen more beautiful plates? These lovely plates were a gift from my dear friend, Jan....you may remember her as jjlmnaz on RMS.

Thank you, Jan...I love them! :-)


Each plate is like a beautiful painting...


This one shows an Eastern Bluebird, just like the ones that nested in my dovecote all last spring and summer. I've seen them coming to the feeders this spring. :-)


Did you notice the darling Monarch butterfly on each plate?


The dinner plate china is from Home Goods...I didn't see a pattern name. I purchased this china just a few weeks ago, so it's probably still in some of the stores. You'll be seeing it again in some upcoming tablescapes. :-)


The sweet birds are not content to adorn only our napkin rings and plates...they have made themselves right at home on our wine glasses, too.


These hand-painted glasses came from Old Time Pottery a few months ago. I was thrilled to find these at only $10 for a set of 4. At that price, I bought a dozen...who could resist at only 2.50 a stem! :-)


It's getting dark now...before long we'll be dining by candlelight. I used to polish all my silver/silverplate pieces, but lately I've come to enjoy them looking a bit more "antiqued."


The candlelight is so pretty now that it's getting a bit darker. Perhaps we'll even be dining by moonlight tonight...there's often a lovely view of the moon from this very spot.


Thanks for joining me for dinner on the porch! Please don't forget to visit all the other wonderful tablescapes you'll find waiting at the following links shown below.



If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click on the pink TT logo in my sidebar for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted on this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:



Thanks for participating in this weeks Tablescape Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment