Friday 25 June 2010

Foxgloves...the Tour Continues

A few days ago, I shared some pics of the beautiful gardens around the home of Arthur Blank, a co-founder of The Home Depot and the owner of the Atlanta Falcons. One of the things I especially love about this tour, Gardens for the Connoisseur, is it always takes place on Mother's Day weekend and the foxgloves, my very favorite flower, are always in bloom.

These pics were taken in another garden on the tour...and I went a little crazy...just couldn't stop myself from snapping lots of pics of all the foxgloves in this wonderful garden. I just love 'em!






Did you know they make Digitalis, the heart medicine, from this flower? The actual name of the common foxglove is, Digitalis Purpurea.
















I took a good many pics on the tour...I'll share some more later on. For now, I'll leave you with these lovely images. Isn't she the cutest thing?! Do you see the kitty cat? Such detail...she even has a garden hat in her hand. :-)




The tall purple flower growing behind her is allium.



This post was linked for Pink Saturday, a fun party graciously hosted each week at How Sweet the Sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment