Tuesday 29 June 2010

A Shade Garden, Water Features

Hi Everyone! I've been enjoying all the wonderful "Before and Afters" linked for Met Monday! Did you get a chance to check some of them out? There are lots of amazingly creative and talented bloggers in Blogland who are making their homes more beautiful by the minute!

How is your summer going? Is it as hot where you are as it's been here in Georgia? We've been having August temps all month long. Wonder if that means August will feel like June? I could work with that! :-)

I've been so wishing I had a skinny hose I could connect to my laundry room utility sink that would stretch all the way out to my decks. I've been making endless trips with gallon jugs to water my potted plants every day. I found one that was 50 feet (I think) at Big Lots...but that wasn't quite long enough. How are your potted plants holding up?

Speaking of gardening and flowers, I thought I'd share a few more pics from the Gardens for the Connoisseur, tour I went on a few weeks ago. It's a huge tour and included 12 gardens. The following pics were all taken in one garden on the tour...and this garden had a lot of wonderful water features.

Summer always has me feeling a bit nostalgic, so the Ideabook you'll find at the end of this post features an old fashioned outdoor feature...the well-loved tree swing. :-) Hope you enjoy checking it out...it may have you feeling a little nostalgic, too! :-)

Let's go on a garden tour...watch your step! The path gets a little narrow at times and we are up pretty high!












See...wasn't kidding about the narrow part. :-) Here's an idea for the next time you have a tree come down....make some stepping "trunks."


Wish you could hear the waterfall...








Lots and lots of water features...




A shady side path...


Hope you enjoyed this leg of the tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment