Friday 9 April 2010

Shopping at the Queen of Hearts! Transferware Heaven!

Tablescape Thursday Dreams:
Awesome tablescapes for Tablescape Thursday! I had so much fun visiting around to view your tablescapes the last couple of days. I can't always leave a comment, but please know I do visit many of the tablescapes that are posted each week. I am forever in awe of your creativity, and sheer talent!

I'd truly love to have the opportunity to dine at each and every one! That would be my dream! What would you do if one day you opened the door and I was standing on your welcome mat saying, "I'm here! What's for dinner?" :-) Now wouldn't that be fun?! Ok, maybe not quite as much fun as having the Publisher's Clearing House showing up at your door! :-)

Shopping Memories:
Remember back around Christmas time when I took you shopping at the Queen of Hearts in Alpharetta, Georgia? C'mon...sure you do. Remember, you kept begging on the drive over to stop by the Dairy Queen to get a milkshake and I told you that we had to hurry and get to the Queen of Hearts before all the good stuff was gone. Ahhh, now you remember! :-)

Well, while we were there, we saw this:


Yep, it's coming back to you now, isn't it? This darling greenhouse was constructed out of old discarded windows. You can see the full post on this piece HERE.


Since it was around Christmastime, it was decked out for the season...


Cute, cute, cute!


Well, guess what!!! It's still there and come check it out!


Adorable!








I can't believe it's still there! Wouldn't this be so much fun to decorate for all the holidays? It's pretty big so you would have to have just the right spot for it. The tag said $349, firm.


Transferware Heaven:
While we are here at the Queen of Hearts, I want to show you one of my favorite booths. This is the side of it. Oh, before we go around the corner and you see it, I must ask...have you taken your heart pills today? What??? Ok, I'll wait while you do that...I don't want you fallin' out on me! Ok, you ready?


I've died and gone to transferware heaven! Almost as good as Bonnie's Dish Room...almost.


Here's the other part of the booth. I've never seen this much vintage/antique transferware, in all the most popular patterns, anywhere!


There was also a section with beautiful Ironstone...


A few close-ups...


I could so start collecting brown and white transferware...I just love it!


There's even a green and white section...



Another one of my very favorite booths at Q of Hearts is this wonderful Frenchy booth...


Lots of beautiful black and white accessories/decor for your French styled room!


The last thing I thought I'd show you...in case you live in the Metro Atlanta area...is this cake stand/platter. It's just like the one you may have seen on the sideboard in my dining room. I bought mine at Macy's...it was the last one they had when I bought it a few years ago. I've never seen one anywhere else, although they may still be available somewhere online. Anyway, there's one at the Queen of Hearts...just in case you've been wanting one. If you are going there to get it, be sure to call first to make sure it hasn't sold. It's been about a week since I was there. They are a little pricey but well worth it. It will make any cake, including my feeble attempts, look good! :-)


Ok, I think that's about as much trouble as I can get us into for this shopping trip! :-) Have a fabulous weekend and I'll see you on Sunday evening for Met Monday. I have something sparkly hanging from my bedroom ceiling to show you. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment