Friday 12 December 2008

Things Just Got Rowdier!

I'm coming up for air! :-) I've been running around like a chicken with it's head...well, you know... getting ready for the neighborhood cookie party. Last count...expecting around 25 people. I've been grocery shopping, vacuuming, cleaning, cleaning some more, dusting...did I mention I've been cleaning!

I've been de-furring the chairs...Max has his favorite spots for his afternoon naps and I don't think my neighbors want to take reminders of Max home with them after the party! :-)

I've been wrapping gifts to go under the tree. I drove up to a local church where I used to buy my Christmas tree each year (before I finally caved in and bought an artificial one) to beg for their "scraps"...the part folks have them trim off before they haul their tree away. I always use those to decorate my mantel and other areas in the house. Plus, it gives the house that Christmas tree smell.

Remember our party in a pot...well...the party just rowdier! Here's the before...

And now... Whoo, Hoo! We have a serious Party in a Pot now! :-)

Couldn't find any of the small garland with white lights...and I kind of like the colored ones here...what do you think? Does it work?

And I've been baking these....

for this...
Yum...cranberry trifle. :-) I usually make one that has devil's food cake, crushed Heath candy bar and kahlua...but I decided to try something different this year. Surprisingly this trifle doesn't have any alcohol in it at all. ..that's usually an ingredient in most trifles. I'll let you know if it's any good. I know you aren't supposed to try a new recipe for the first time when you are expecting guests...but that's usually when I'm itching to try something different. Keep your fingers crossed that it taste as good as the picture looks.

Ok, breaks over...time to get back at it...still gotta mop the laundry room floor and start working on the mantel. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment