Wednesday 3 December 2008

Stairway Banister Decorated for Christmas

Welcome to Trim the Tree Thursday, hosted by Brett at The Southern Hostess. Be sure to visit Brett for more links to some wonderful holiday decorating.

During the month of December, I will be posting more pics of some of the holiday decor I have in my home. But for this Trim the Tree Thursday, I wanted to share pics of a wonderfully decorated staircase that belongs to a good friend of mine, Joy.

Joy lives in the beautiful state of Oregon. Unlike me, she actually enjoys cold weather and that white stuff we so rarely see here in Georgia. Can you believe she gets out and goes hiking in that stuff? :-)

Last year, Joy became the proud owner of her very first home. Joy describes her beautiful home as a combination of an American Foursquare and a Craftsman Cottage. Here's a "summer" view...

And here's the "winter" view. Hey...where did the sidewalk go? Even though I'm not a big fan of cold weather, I do so love the picturesque view of a snow covered cottage. Ahhhh...

When the first Christmas rolled around, Joy had a lot of fun decorating in her new home. Recently, I asked Joy if she would share some pics of how she decorates her stairway banister each year, and she graciously agreed. :-)

Joy told me, "I've always wanted to live in a house with a banister I could decorate. Last fall, I bought my first house complete with a banister ideal for a Christmas garland. I wanted to do something different.

"I spent about two hours at a local store trying to decide which ornaments to choose, when I spotted a couple of containers of silver jingle bells. "From there I added the red flower ornaments...
"...the snowmen, and other silver on silver ornaments with snowflakes.

"The garland is a made from two, 15 foot sections from Target. I then wrapped the banister in 500 lights, added the large ornaments, the silver ones, and then 100 jingle bells.

Wow, isn't this positively breathtaking?! It feels sooo magical, enchanting even!

Joy, would you fly home to Georgia and decorate my banister, pleeeeeease??? Don't make me beg!

Joy concluded, "I love the end result which is actually visible from the street when you drive by my house."
I love the end result, too! Joy, thanks so much for allowing me to share your gorgeous stairway.

No comments:

Post a Comment