Sunday 21 December 2008

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

Over the years, I've added a tree here and there, throughout the house. This one is in the family room and it's decorated with just glass-blown ornaments.

A few of the ornaments on this tree...you can see the beaded garland that drapes the tree...

One of the Christopher Radko ornaments...


Since I have kind of a "hunt" theme going on in my judges paneled family room, I decided to carry that theme on into my guest bath...hence the Thibaut "pheasant" wall paper. :-) I have a small Christmas tree in here for guest to enjoy. You can just make out the pin point lights if you look really close. (Lighting in here is terrible for pics.)

Since we spend so much time in the kitchen, I placed the family tree with all the hand-made, family and "vacation" collected ornaments here. This is my favorite tree because of all the memories it holds.


These are the ornaments that mean the most...the ones made by my son when he was very small...
A finger print from when he was only 5 years old...irreplaceable.

I made this little angel from a kit about25 years ago. I hand-stitched her hair and all the design work. I found the red wooden, bead garland around 20 years ago at Macy's...it reminds me of a tree draped with cranberries. I thought the garland was awfully expensive when I bought it so many years ago at an after-Christmas sale, but it has lasted and lasted and is one of my favorite items to decorate the tree with each year.
You may remember this little tree from a winter tablescape I did on the Twelfth Tablescape Tuesday. It is covered in Swarovski ornaments, collected 1 each year, over these past 17 years.


A feather tree awaits visitors in the guest room...

The tree is covered with delicate glass ornaments that look just like big bubbles.

Can you see the crystal bead garland?

I love the sparkly reflections in the pictures behind it...

And finally, you know the screened-in porch has to have a tree...

with dragonflies...



And as we say here in the south...

Tomorrow is Tablescape Tuesday...click on the pink TT logo in my sidebar for the details. I've already heard from lots of you...looking forward to seeing all the great tablescapes! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment