Wednesday 10 December 2008

Christmas Decorating for the Porch

I've been busy this last week decorating for Christmas and preparing for the neighborhood Ladies Cookie Party that will be at my house Sunday afternoon. Even though the weather is a bit chilly for hanging out on the screened-in porch, I thought I'd dress it up a bit since it's visible from inside. And maybe, just maybe, Sunday will be nice enough to venture out for a bit. Last week was in the 30's and today the temps reached the 60's here...Georgia weather is crazy!

Here are a few views of the porch...so far. This tree is in a large urn so I think I'll just remove the star and leave it out here year round. It would be kind of nice to have some soft lights in that corner on those sweet summer nights on the porch.



Dragonflies love being on the porch, too.







A little candlelight...



What? How did this picture get in here?  If you have seen my porch on RMS, you may remember this little chair that acts as a plant stand on the porch during the summer.



Since it's too cold for a big ole fat, red geranium, I stuffed this large clay pot with several strands of white lights and threw some sparkly ornaments on top.



This only cost around $4 to do. I already had the clay pot and the lights...and the ornaments came from Dollar Tree. The ornaments were in canisters that each contained five ornaments...for $1...so that's twenty ornaments for $4. Can't beat that dollar store.  Ummm, I'm thinking I might need to weave some lit garland around the top of the chair...what do you think?



It's a party in a pot!



Thanks for stopping by for a peek at Christmas on the porch!

No comments:

Post a Comment