Friday 19 September 2008

Sisters

Today, my Pink Saturday post is about a special gift I received for my birthday this year. My sister, Glenda, and I have always been very close and she surprised me with this beautiful angel from the Jim Shore Collection.

"One's Sister is a part of one's essential self, an eternal presence of one's heart and soul and memory."
Susan Cabill

Isn't she beautiful? I love her little halo and all the detailed carving!

"Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that's never lost is your sister."
Gail Sheeny from "Sisters"

I placed her in my study where I spend much of my time. She is a wonderful reminder of the special relationship that often exist between sisters...especially the one I have with my sister.
"We are more than just acquaintances... it's as if we are cut from the same fabric. Even though we appear to be sewn in a different pattern, we have a common thread that won't be broken-by people or years or distance." Author Unknown

"Sisters touch your heart in ways no other could. Sisters share... their hopes, their fears, their love, everything they have. Real friendship springs from their special bonds."Carrie Bagwell

I think Glenda and I may possibly hold the Guinness World Record for the longest telephone conversations! :-) We once talked for more than 4 hours!!!
"Sisters -- they share the agony and the exhilaration. As youngsters they may share popsicles, chewing gum, hair dryers and bedrooms. When they grow up, they share confidences, careers and children, and some even chat for hours every day."Roxanne Brown





"Both within the family and without, our sisters hold up our mirrors: our images of who we are and of who we can dare to become."
Elizabeth Fishel

Thank you, Glenda, for being the best big sister in the whole world! Love you!!!




"Chance made us Sisters, hearts made us friends."Author, Unknown"

Visit Beverly, at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ to see a complete list of all the participants in today's Pink Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment