Friday 29 October 2010

Antiquing and a Trip to the South Carolina State Fair

So many wonderful tablescapes posted for Tablescape Thursday! Scroll on down past this post and check them all out...amazing!

Two Announcements!

1. Party Planning: Very soon...hopefully next week, I'm going to share the EXACT process I go through when I'm planning a party...from the cleaning to the decorating to the food to the party activities...you name it! I know it's intimidating...the idea of preparing for a big party, so I want to help. I'll be sharing what works for me in hopes you will find it helpful. I will be as detailed and specific as possible...without hopefully boring ya to death. LOL

2. Mom Cave Posts only for Met Monday: Monday is the HomeGoods Mom Cave Challenge. So if you are a blogger and you normally link up for MM, please link up JUST Mom Cave entries for this Met Monday only. After this MM, we will resume our normal Met Monday format.

There will be 4 winners and the grand prize is $250 shopping spree at HomeGoods! Click HERE or on the link in the sidebar to read all about the Mom Cave concept.


Let's Go Antiquing:
It's been a while since we went on a shopping trip to A Classy Flea. Several of you have commented or e-mailed asking when we were going. So, let's go! BTW, rumor has it they will be having a big sale coming up very soon...shhh, don't tell anyone or all the good stuff will be gone before I get there!


First thing I spotted when I entered A Classy Flea this particular day was this painted secretary...I can never pass by a secretary without checking them out...$495


I loved this wonderful old brass and iron bed. It was already sold so no price tag...


Ha! Fat Chance...I'm telling all!


Now you know these bowls were calling my name...I barely resisted. $19.99 for the set of 4


A vintage baby gown from England...$35


A little close-up of the detail work...



Christmas stuff is already out...this 5ft gold tinsel tree caught my eye...$39



Love this brass lamp with the Cranberry glass globe...$45


I blogged about this piece earlier in the week. It's priced at $395. I've decided it would probably fight the cabinet niches for attention in the "library" where I would have used it...so I'm going to have my contractor build a fireplace for me...I think.


Set of 8 etched crystal wine glasses...$64.95


A little close-up...beautiful!


Crystal chandelier...$359


Wonderful twin beds...$288 for the pair (I think)...don't hold me to that price...going on memory. I don't normally paint furniture but the stain was a bit chipped in places. Wouldn't these be perfect in a guest room, painted some wonderful color?


Painted hutch...on sale for $329 I kind of like the two-tone action going on here...mixing stain and paint.


Gorgeous armoire...Henredon...$899



Wow!


Funny!



White wicker daybed...$159


Some Christmas fun...


A pretty tablescape...


Look who's sipping on some bubbly...


Have you seen these before? It's a tussy mussy. I actually bought this one...it was around $9, as I recall.



South Carolina State Fair:

Two weekends ago, a friend invited me to go to the South Carolina State Fair...these guys were there performing. Do you recognize them?



They look a little different now...but they sounded the same. It's the The Oak Ridge Boys. I listen to all kinds of music as you can tell from the link to my playlist at the bottom of this blog. I love rock and roll, classical, opera, gospel, country...all of it. So it was fun hearing, "Elvira," "Trying to Love Two Women" and their other hit songs. They sang for about an hour. We had great seats as you can see from the pic below. Amazing that they have stayed together for 40+ years!


This pic shows Willie Wynn on the far left. He was the original tenor...even before the current one who has been with them forever. He came out on the stage and sang one song with them.





Exhibits:

This was created with SAND! Wow!




There were so many beautiful birds...we only took a pic of one. The roosters were hilarious. I hadn't been to the fair in ages so I was like a kid!




Amazing doll houses...











Cupcakes: Too cute


Hope you enjoyed our shopping trip and quick trip to the fair! Happy Friday!

Give-a-Way: Timeless Settings:
Oh, don't forget to leave a comment on the Tablescape Thursday post to be entered for a $50 Gift Certificate for Timeless Settings!

No comments:

Post a Comment