Thursday 7 October 2010

A Little Halloween Decorating...

Halloween Decorating:

Come on in! Welcome...so glad you are here!




I've been decorating for Halloween...would you like to see?




Stole the plant from the upstairs family room...it balances well with the height of the lamp.




Found the scary ghost about 20 years ago in a Hallmark store.




I warned you...he is scary! Yikes! I was trying to take a little test pic in the entry with all the lights turned off...and the shutter speed was much slower than I expected. So I must have moved the camera before the pic completed. Isn't this photo wild? Normally, I don't share pics where "the photographer" :) ends up in the pic, but this was just too cool to not share! :-)




In the Family Room...it was time to bring out the fall fire screen. Do you remember the topiary one that was here before?




It's been chilly here...let's get a nice, hot fire going. You can just see Max curled up on the ottoman.




How about a little snack?




Just sit down right here, put your feet up...and enjoy!




Have some yummy ginger snaps and hot mulled cider. (The mug is Fitz and Floyd and was purchased about 25 years ago at a F & F Outlet.) It's two sided, witch on this side...




Jack O'Lantern on the other. :-)





A little gnome with pumpkin, created by Dr. Tom Clarke...




Let's go in the kitchen and I'll show you what I used to make our mulled cider.




I really like this mulling spice from Williams-Sonoma. I buy some every fall...it also makes a great gift. Just put some in a kettle or pot on you stove when you have a party, and your guest will LOVE the way it makes your home smell. They will be begging to know the secret. :-)



You'll need a little cinnamon stick for your mulled cider. (The vulture piece is Fitz and Floyd, also bought about 25 years ago.)




Now you know I wouldn't leave the porch out...it needs a touch of Halloween, too! :-) The table looks so strange without a tablescape! LOL :-)




Keeping it pretty simple out here. Each time I show this area of the porch, someone always asks why I have a Christmas tree on the porch. :-) Well, it's actually a faux topiary in a Christmas tree shape. It's in a pretty urn and has dragonfly lights all over it. Wish I had thought to turn it on for this pic. It looks really pretty lit up on summer evenings and gets a bit of decorating come Christmas time. :-)




Remember the Max pillow I found while antiquing? Y'all said I needed to go back and buy it because Mr. Max had obviously posed for it...you'll find that post HERE. Well, I followed your advice and he looks pretty good with his fall colors.




Now we know what Max is doing when I'm at work...he's modeling for pillow makers! And I thought he just slept all day! :-)




Changed out the spring pillows on the swing with some pillows in fall colors.. The green of the cushions is such a great neutral...works well with any season.




Pumpkin came from HomeGoods. The Tealight Candle Holder is from Colonial Candle.




Hope you don't mind sharing the swing. (Hee, hee)




The hutch got a bit of the Halloween spirit, too. (The pumpkin pitcher is another Fitz & Floyd piece...again purchased around 25 years ago. Pumpkin plates are from Walmart, recently.)




Ooooh, I should have moved this back a bit. I just noticed it looks like it would have spelled out the words, "Black Cat" right on the shelf...gotta check that out. :-)




This "wreath" hangs on the door to the breakfast room/kitchen. Found it at Michaels (I think) many years ago.




I bet you recognize this basket...it gets moved around...a lot. Sometimes it's on the front door and sometimes it's here on the door that leads from the porch, into the family room. I love it, but it's just not saying fall, is it?




Ahhh, much better! :-)




Found the green basket at A Classy Flea last summer...




Now this says FALL, Y'all! :-)




Thanks for stopping by for a little Halloween decorating. I think I'm ready for the big night, now...one of my favorite nights of the year.




Linking this post to Melissa's 31 Days of Autumn Bliss at The Inspired Room...
If you're coming over from Melissa's...Welcome and thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment