Friday 29 October 2010

Boo and Brew...Does Your Neighborhood Do This?

Give-a-Way: Timeless Settings:
There's still time to leave a comment on last week's Tablescape Thursday post HERE to be entered for a $50 Gift Certificate for Timeless Settings! I'll be announcing the winner of the drawing on Sunday. :)

Boo and Brew:
A few days ago I found this flyer in my mailbox. It was almost completely illegible. Unfortunately, the mailman left the door of my mailbox slightly open and we had a monsoon that day. I could tell it was announcing something in my neighborhood for Halloween night...and it mentions leaving your porch light on.


I e-mailed a neighbor and ask if she got one and if so, what did it say? She told me the flyer says in addition to giving out candy on Halloween night, if you leave your porch light on, it will signal to the parents that you will be serving them a brew...i.e. an "adult beverage" when they stop by with the children for Trick or Treating. Interesting, huh?

So...just wondering, has your neighborhood ever done this and if so, how does it work? Do you serve wine or a spiked punch, perhaps? Do you have it already poured in little plastic glasses or do the parents already have a glass with them?

So many questions...and no answers from a very blurry flyer. :}

Less Messy Nest Party at Nesters:
Nester is having a Less Messy Nest, Linky Party today. It's ok to link a past post so I've linked my China Closet Renovation Post. Join in the party and share your tips for a less messy nest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment