Wednesday 11 November 2009

Thanksgiving Tablescape... Welcome to the 64th Tablescape Thursday!

Recently I was "chatting" with my friend, Kathysue...we met via Rate My Space and
have been friends every since. :-) Kathysue has created a beautiful tablescape for Thanksgiving and she graciously agreed to let me share some pics of her table setting, as well as her beautiful dining room.

I've always loved the striped wall paper in Kathysue's dining room...it's the softest, prettiest shade of green. The room feels so inviting and fresh. Notice the symmetry she's created with with the mirrors, pedestals and lamps.


Kathysue told me, "Green is my neutral and it can be mixed with my other favorite colors,black and white and pink/red and cobalt blue so I do have fun changing it out with simple changes for the different seasons. I guess my style is more on the traditional side with a twist and hopefully a simple elegance."



Love the centerpiece...and isn't it perfect in this room?!


Gorgeous chandelier!


Kathysue told me, "I like to use natural elements for my centerpieces, so keeping in mind the abundance we have, I did a cornucopia affect without the cornucopia.

"I pre-ordered all my veggies from my produce man at my grocery store and added pheasant feathers and wheat to the arrangement, I scattered nuts around for texture and added the silver pheasant and votives for sparkle.

"My color scheme was linen,cream, and green with a touch of black. The tablecloth is linen from none other than "Tarjay" the napkins are white linen that I have had forever. I based the arrangement with a 4ft long mirror for reflection."


I love the silver pheasants! Kathysue told me they came from a store called, Poppleton's in Pacific Grove near Carmel. They are available HERE, too.


Describing how she put her tablescape together, Kathysue said, "The first element I chose was the Bakelite (knives) and linen and then the rest just came to me after thinking about color and textures."


Is this centerpiece just stunning? The soft, muted colors are really lovely. Sometimes I think using natural elements creates the most beautiful tablescapes and centerpieces of all...hard to improve on Mother Nature, isn't it? :-)

Kathy shared some information about the pieces in her tablescape: "Dinnerplates in white are Mikasa, antique white Ultima, super strong fine china...they have the glaze of fine china and the durability of stoneware. The black transferware is Stafford, fine earthenware in the Haystack pattern...perfect for fall and my touch of black.


"The crystal goblets are also from Mikasa, the small green flutes with the fruit relief are from one of your favs the dollar store. Flatware is Wallace and the knives are french ivory Bakelite Sheffield from Ebay and thrifting trips."


The candlelight makes everything feel so magical...what a fabulous table! Kathysue, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful Thanksgiving Tablescape with us for this Tablescape Thursday. I know your family is going to love sitting down to this gorgeous table for their Thanksgiving feast!


You can see more of Kathysue beautiful home at Rate My Space by clicking HERE. You will not want to miss her kitchen...it's one of my all time favorite kitchens on RMS!

This post is also linked to a party going on at The Inspired Room. Once you are all done visiting the beautiful tablescapes posted for today's Tablescape Thursday, be sure to stop by Melissa's for lots more creative inspiration. :-)


Looking forward to seeing all the tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday!




If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below, until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have lovely tablescapes awaiting your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment