Sunday 29 November 2009

A New Use for Old Discarded Windows... Welcome to the 46th Metamorphosis Monday!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I've been out of state visiting my son and his sweetie. It was a whirlwind trip and so much fun. My son gave me a tour of the law school he's attending, as well as a tour of the wonderful historic building where he works with a local firm. We did a little shopping on Black Friday and went to see A Christmas Carol on Saturday. It was a great trip and I'm so looking forward to when they come home to Georgia for Christmas.

I have a fun metamorphosis to share with you today. A while back, while out antiquing with a friend, I came across something that was sooooo cute, I knew I had to share it with you!

Here's your first little peek...(click on any pic twice to REALLY enlarge for an even closer look)


A second peek...


Another little peak...


Have you figured out what it is? Ok...I won't torture you any longer. I have to warn you though, it is soooo cute you may scream with delight! It may send you on a mad hunt, looking for old, abandoned windows so you can create this metamorphosis yourself.


Is this not completely adorable?! Come a little closer and take a look inside...


I could see using it this way at Christmas...or perhaps as a green house in the summer months. Click on any pic twice to ENLARGE for a really CLOSE view.


If you collect the Dept. 56 lit houses, this would be a wonderful place to build a small village or vignette.


Here's a little view through the door way...





I took pics from different angles, so you could see how it's constructed. The first few pics of this post show some close-ups of the details.


Wouldn't it be really cute in a sun room, on a front porch or a screened-in porch?


Really, I could see using it in almost any room. I didn't buy it since it was well over $300, but I took lots of pics so I could remember how it was constructed and so I could share it with you. I think we could make one of these if we put our minds to it! :-)


So, don't throw out those old windows when you get your new energy efficient ones. They will make a wonderful glass house or greenhouse and a great spot to display your collectibles and create wonderful vignettes.


Looking forward to seeing all your "Before and Afters."



If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

Fabulous "Before and Afters" await your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment