Wednesday 26 August 2009

Summer Dining on the Porch... Welcome to the 53rd Tablescape Thursday!

(If pics appear cut off on the right side, please try adjusting your resolution to the highest setting.)

Barb at Bella Vista is hosting a Rooster Party today...Yipee! :-) Just click HERE to check out all the many roosters who inhabit Blogland. :-)


You may remember seeing this happy guy in one of my previous tablescapes...


I filled him with irises from my garden...and he's been crowing ever since. To view this tablescape in detail, click HERE.


Yesterday was Tablescape Thursday...did you get a chance to visit all the amazing tablescapes? If not, just scroll down to the bottom of this post for all the links.



I'm often asked where I get my inspiration for the tablescapes I create each week. The answer is simple...anywhere and everywhere. That really narrows it down a lot, doesn't it? :-) I'm really not trying to be a smarty pants...it's just, sometimes the inspiration might be a holiday that's approaching...like the 4th of July or Christmas. Sometimes it's china I have that I'm just itching to use. And sometimes it's a treasure I stumble upon that's just screaming to be used as a centerpiece.



Recently, while I was out antiquing/thrifting, I came across this really neat birdcage at A Classy Flea. I loved the green color...it reminded me very much of the green I've used so much out on the porch. I cleaned it up a bit and removed all the birdie perches, feeding implements and the plastic panels on the lower section.



I filled it full of pretty, white, Colonial Candle candles...



I especially liked the detailing on the top. I thought about putting a ribbon or something decorative on the very top, but ultimately, I decided I liked seeing the metal ring.





As it started to get dark, the candles gave the tablescape a romantic feel...



Two little birdies nestled down inside...



I think they liked their big fluffy nest of wisteria blossoms. :-)





With my inspiration coming from the birdcage centerpiece, I looked through my china collection and chose pieces I thought would work well.



A friend gave me these darling linen towels...I love using them as napkins. The green glasses I've had for too many years to remember where I found them, now. The wine glasses were another Classy Flea find at $2.50 a stem.



A different design on the napkins...



Bowl and salad plate are by Tabletops, designed by Dario Farrucci. The pattern is Ma Maison. They came from Home Goods, spring before last. The bowl is full of fluffy white clouds against a blue sky. :-)



Salad plate...



Instead of using the Ma Maison dinner plates, I decided to mix it up a bit and pulled out my Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage plates. (Cabbage plates from HomeGoods and Ross. Flatware is Napoleon Bee from Horchow and Neiman Marcus...click on the pic for a better view of the flatware.)



I've had the pitcher for a couple of years...another buy from Home Goods.



It has a topiary design...I can never resist anything with topiaries.


Bird's-eye view...



What could be better than dining by candlelight on warm, breezy summer nights?



Looking forward to seeing your beautiful tablescapes!

If you are participating in Tablescape Thursday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Please copy and paste the Tablescape Thursday logo button to your computer. Then you can upload it to your side bar and use it in your tablescape post so your visitors will know you are participating.

Please link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful tablescapes posted for this Tablescape Thursday.

Please do not add your link below until your tablescape post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs have lovely tablescapes awaiting your visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment