Sunday 5 July 2009

Tassel House Give-a-Way! Welcome to the 25th Metamorphosis Monday!

(Music is only a click away...playlist is posted to your right. To see full pic, view on highest resolution.)

Happy 4th of July Weekend...hope your Independence Day was fabulous! I'm very excited to share some beautiful Eye Candy with you today, as well as a fabulous Give-a-Way!

Today, for our 25th Metamorphosis Monday, I'm sharing more delicious eye-candy. As I've shared some of the rooms in my home, you may have noticed all the tassels I have hanging from lamps and various pieces of furniture. As I was preparing this post, I realized I have a minimum of two tassels hanging in every room of my home! I do love me some tassels! :-)

Who can resist...they are the perfect finishing touch to any decor. A tassel does for a piece of furniture or lamp, what a pillow does for a chair or a lovely painting might do for a wall. They are lovely little works of art that add the perfect finishing touch to a sideboard, china cabinet, secretary, chest, lamp or armoire. Do you have lots of pretty tassels in your home? If so, where do you like to hang them? The possibilities are really endless, aren't they?!

Recently, I discovered a wonderful source for great, quality tassels. Angela, whose Etsy shoppe is The Tassel House, creates amazing tassels designed to go with any room or decorating style. Here's a small sampling of the treasures you will find on a visit to The Tassel House today.


And here's a sampling of the Christmas/Winter tassels...I love the one with the darling ice skates! :-)

As you can see, The Tassel House has an awesome selection. Angela is already busy creating wonderful tassels for the autumn season and the upcoming holidays. Every tassel you find at The Tassel House is hand-made by Angela, herself. She starts with a stack of beautiful, high quality ribbon...

and lots of lovely, rich trim. Do you see the darling birdhouse that will be the centerpiece for this metamorphosis? Angela took the ribbon you see above and the beautiful trim you see below...worked in a little of her amazing talent and magic...and...

...a wonderful metamorphosis took place! Beautiful!

See what I mean...little works of art!

I asked Angela where she gets her inspiration...Angela told me, "First, I ask myself if I am in the mood for whimsical, fun, rustic, elegant, etc?

"Then, I pick a ribbon, fringe, and/or top that I'm in the mood to play with. I pull in all of the materials that I think will coordinate well together...I may or may not actually use all of them. Before I get started, I never know how a tassel will look in the end. It evolves as I create it."

I just love this tassel that's currently for sale at The Tassel House.. Wouldn't this darling hen be fabulous hanging from a the knob of a breakfast hutch or from a lamp or cabinet pull in the kichen!

Awww..an adorable ladybug tassel...so whimsical!

Have you heard? Etsy is having a Christmas in July sale. Angela will be donating 10% of all the sales from her shoppe, The Tassel House, to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research. Angela told me, "I believe that the idea of Christmas in July, should help promote the concept of giving throughout the year." I love Angela's generous and giving spirit.

A GIVE-A- WAY! Not only is Angela participating in Christmas in July, but she has generously offered to give away one of her beautiful tassels, a value up to $25! To be entered for this random drawing, stop by the The Tassel House by clicking HERE. Take a look at all the beautiful tassels, and pick the tassel of your choice (up to $25.) Then stop back by BNOTP and leave a comment here with the name of the tassel you would love to win. I will announce the winner a week from today, on our next Met Monday.

If the tassel you chose sells in the meantime, I'm sure Angela will be happy to make another one like it or similar. If that's not possible, the winner will be able to visit The Tassel House to select again. :-) The winner, chosen via a random number generator, will need to e-mail me at betweennapsontheporch@gmail.com with her address after the drawing. Ummm, I was just thinking, with Christmas just around the corner, wouldn't a tassel make a wonderful Christmas gift!

Looking forward to seeing the changes you've been working on for this Metamorphosis Monday!

If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:

No comments:

Post a Comment