Tuesday 21 July 2009

Help Me Decide...A Basket Dilemma...

A couple of weeks ago I shared a sweet metamorphosis that was happening out on my front porch.



right down here inside the basket of flowers on my front door.



Remember these sweet babies...little house finches newly hatched.


Well, I'm happy to report they grew up big and strong and flew the coop to do little birdie things. Some of you guys left comments on that post that had me a bit worried about the condition my basket and door might be in when this metamorphosis was complete. :-{

I'm happy to report all is well. Guess there were enough flowers between the door and the basket because, thankfully, the door still looks fine. I snipped a couple of flowers out of the basket and it was in good shape, too. For a little change, I moved it to one of the doors going out onto the screened-in porch where it used to be.



See...still good as new.




Now, I'm trying something new out on the front door...and I need your help.




Besides needing your help, the main purpose of this post it to let all you Hobby Lobby fans know that it's time to hop in your car and get yourself to HL, posthaste. Why? Because they have lots of stuff on clearance 80% off! Whoo, hoo!




This large, painted, iron basket was originally...



But, I got it for...



I originally thought I'd use this piece out on the screened-in porch, but I may try it out here on the front door for something a little different. Here's where I need your help...what should I put in this ironwork basket? Any ideas? Added update...wonder if I should paint it black to go with the lanterns on either side?



Oh...almost forgot...one more deal to share in case you are in the market for some flatware. Big Lots has this Echo point flatware on sale...originally priced at $50...now it's $15! :-) They also had it in a really pretty blue handle.




Ok, before you go...tell me, what should I do with my new basket? I'm sort of missing the daisies. Give me your ideas and we'll see what I can come up with. We can always move the daisies back if we miss them too much, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment