Sunday 12 July 2009

House Finches Take Up Residence... Welcome to the 26th Metamorphosis Monday!


(If pics appear cut off on the right side, try setting your computer to it's highest resolution.)



Welcome to this week's Metamorphosis Monday! I am also participating this Monday in Price My Space, a blog party hosted by Nesting Place...that post immediately follows this Met Monday post.

I have a special metamorphosis going on at my house this week...right here on the front porch. It's a little hard to see from there, so come on over here near the front door.


You're getting warmer, just a little closer and I think you'll see it...


Down there...way down in the daisies...do you see it?


I guess this could be called the "Before" picture, although the "Before, Before" pic was this basket of daisies, minus a nest. :-)

Are you wondering who might be responsible for this new decoration to my front door?


I was, too. So I waited patiently by the window...watching, and here's what Mom and Dad look like. They are either House Finches or Purple Finches...I'm thinking maybe, House Finches. (Picture compliments of Wikipedia)


Last Wednesday, I went out through my garage...I don't dare use the front door these days. :-) I walked around the house, went up onto the porch and peeped in. I hurriedly took a couple of pics before Mom got back and caught me so close. Do you see the sweet babies? It was bit dark down in there, so it was hard to get a great pic. If you look closely, though, you can see a baby's face. His beak is pointing toward us and you can see the large round whitish areas/rings where his little eyes are...but they aren't open yet.


They barely have any feathers, but you can just see the start of the burgundy/purple color on one of them. Not sure what condition my basket of flowers will be in when this metamorphosis is all done...LOL...but I'm just tickled it has provided a brief home for such a sweet metamorphosis.


Looking forward to seeing the changes you've been working on for this Metamorphosis Monday!

If you are participating in Metamorphosis Monday, please be sure to add your permalink below, and not your general blog address. If you aren't sure how to obtain your permalink or have any questions about using Mr. Linky for this post, just click HERE for detailed instructions.

Don't forget to copy and paste the Met Monday logo button to your computer so you can add it to your side bar and your Met Monday post. That way visitors will know that your are participating in Metamorphosis Monday.

Please be sure to link back to the host blog, Between Naps on the Porch, so your fellow bloggers who are participating today, will get lots of visits, as well.

Please do not add your link below until your Met Monday post is actually published to your blog.

The following blogs are participating in this Metamorphosis Monday:


No comments:

Post a Comment