Monday 27 October 2008

Welcome to the 10th Tablescape Tuesday! Blue and White Tablescape

Your's truly wasn't able to post a tablescape this week since I was out of town visiting a friend in South Carolina all weekend and didn't get in until late tonight. So I thought I would repost a beautiful setting that I posted a few month's back, in case you missed it the first time around. This gorgeous tablescape was done by Lynne (decorator101 on RMS). After you view this great tablescape, be sure to visit and leave Lynne a comment at her wonderful blog: Lynne's Gifts from the Heart !


I asked Lynne how she came to collect all the pieces in this wonderful table setting? Lynne said, "A few years ago, after I got through the green phase of my life, I decided I wanted a cobalt blue and white kitchen. A new Garden Ridge store had opened up fairly close by. One January, a girlfriend and I took out on a "very" foggy morning, on a drive of over 55 miles to check it out. We had heard some wonderful things about the store. I stumbled upon the plates as we walked in and immediately fell in love with them. Naturally they ended up in my cart...a few isles over we found the tall drinking glasses. And like magic they, too, ended up in the cart. Knowing I had over indulged myself, we headed to the check out and I could not wait to get them home and start using them...immediately realizing...I needed more. "



Lynne continued, "That brought on another trip about a month later. Once we got there I searched the store high and low, afraid that I couldn't complete my mission of fulfilling this particular set of dishes. And not too far ahead in an isle, I stumbled upon the serving platter and brought home more bowls. My little lady friend, who I have taken care of and just loved to pieces, helped add to the pieces."



Lynne added, "The beautiful pitcher and the smaller juice glasses were a birthday gift one year...and the blue serving knife as well. "


Then Lynne gave me the sweetest compliment saying, "Because of your inspirational tablescapes, I've learned to look at dishes and other objects in a different manner and whenever I'm out shopping...I seem to bring home some of the most fun things to put together and just go to playing with them."


Lynne said, "The candlesticks I found at Cracker Barrel, of all places. The cup and saucer and the sugar bowl are from an antique set my mother gave us many years ago. The solid blue plates are from yet another set of dishes." And did you notice the gorgeous flatware Lynne chose for her tablescape...I'm on a mission now for some like that!


Apparently, Lynne's husband was quite impressed when he saw her tablescape because Lynne wrote, "DH got a big kick out of watching me play with these that day...made a joke about me getting ready for the President to come...and I said "nah, we'd be bringing out the silver for that...lol."

Thank you, Lynne, for sharing this gorgeous table setting...it is one of my very favorites and any President would be lucky to find himself at your dinner table!

To see more of Lynne's wonderful talent, you may visit her Rate My Space site, Decorator101 or her awesome blog, Lynne's Gifts from the Heart.




The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:

A Beach Cottage

A Tale of Magical Memories

Above the Clouds

Bargain Hunting with Laurie

Blinks ‘N Winks from Brown-eyes

Creating Myself

Deanie's Space

More Than Heirlooms

Note Songs

Oak Rise Cottage

Sweet Nothings

The Happy Wonderer

The House in the Roses

Thinkin'of Home (This tablescape ties in with the next one at 'Welcome to Mimi's Garden')

Welcome to Mimi's Garden

Wings of Eagles

No comments:

Post a Comment