Monday 20 October 2008

Welcome to the 9th Tablescape Tuesday! Ma Maison

My screened-in porch was finished in early spring. Just before the work was complete, I went on a serious shopping spree for "stuff" I would need for this new space. One of those items on my shopping list was china...something special for those summer dinners on the porch.



One day while shopping in Home Goods, I found the china of my dreams. Let's just say...if the house caught fire and I could only save one of my china sets, this would probably be THE ONE. And if I were obscenely wealthy and could afford to commission someone to design a china pattern just for me...this is what it would look like! :-)



Move the napkin, move the napkin...let's get a gander at china that's worth braving a raging fire to save!



But first, a peek at the beaded napkin ring...



If you liked your soup and polished it off, you would find this little design waiting for you...



The bowls are encircled with all my favorite things...kitty cats.



You'll also find flowers and gardening hats. :)



And butterflies, watering cans and blue skies!



Salad plate...



And finally, the dinner plate...



Also, available in this pattern were small square plates that are perfect for dessert.



It includes nice big mugs encircled by pots of cheerful flowers.



Bzzzzzz~~~bees have landed on the flatware! Napolean Bee flatware is from Neiman Marcus.



Found this guy out antiquing several months ago...thought I'd eventually have him made into a lamp. In the meantime, he fit nicely into my garden/nature tablescape.







The greenhouse/conservatory was a wonderful find at a local thrift/antique store. It is incredibly heavy and could be used as a real mini-green house since it is all enclosed in glass, except for the very top.





Ummmm, wonder what's under the dome? Just grab the little bee handle and lift to see.



These adorable little cookies are called Bug Bites.



This china came with some of the cutest "accesssories." Ok, I know they are called serving pieces, but I like accessories better! :-)



Sugar and Creamer; Salt and Pepper topiaries and a "house" shaped coffee pot... All sides of these pieces are decorated with different scenes. The detail work on this china just captured my heart.



This set came with a humongous platter that I hung on the wall above the hutch on the porch. A beautiful house, white picket fence, gardens, topiaries, butterflies...may I move here, please?



I found the wine glasses at the same thrift/antique store, A Classy Flea. They were only $2.50 a stem and amazingly matched beautifully with the green glasses I already had at home.



Some views as it began to get a little darker outside.





So hop on over and lets have dinner on the porch!



Here's the mice type detailing where the above items came from: China is from Home Goods and is by Tabletops Unlimited, Pattern Ma Maison; flatware is from Neiman Marcus and is called Napolean Bee; Green wine glasses, bunny and greenhouse are from A Classy Flea; placemats, napkins and napkin rings are from Kohl's and the Bug Bite cookies are available in the cookie isle at your local grocery. :-)

Thanks for stopping by! Please take time to visit the blogs shown below for some of the most beautiful tables you'll ever set eyes on!


The following blogs have beautiful tablescapes awaiting your visit:

A Beach Cottage

A Tale of Magical Memories

Above the Clouds

Bargain Hunting with Laurie

Back Porch Musings

Between Naps on the Porch

Blinks ‘N Winks from Brown-eyes

Creating Myself

Note Songs

Oak Rise Cottage

Ribbonwood Cottage

Salmagundi

Sweet Nothings

The Happy Wonderer

No comments:

Post a Comment