Thursday 23 October 2008

A Classy Flea Friday and a Seashell Chest!


My birding vacation got in the way of shopping at the Flea for a couple of weekends...but I made a trip this week. :-) You won't believe what I left behind that I reallllly wanted! I did buy two things that I'll share at the bottom of this post.

This adorable chest was probably my favorite treasure this week at A Classy Flea...but alas, it was already sold. I took six pics of it though because I thought this was something you and I could do to a chest ourselves. You can click on the pics to enlarge them for better detail.

The chest is painted this nice aqua blue that reminds you of the ocean waves...here's a veiw of the top...

Shells around the knobs...

On the top, at the corners...

Along the edge on the top...

Another corner on the top...

This might come in handy real soon...say in about a week! :-)

Porch swing...a coat of paint and it would be really nice: $59

Dancer: $5

Blue and White Tureen: $24...surprised this is still here...

Iron Rooster Pot rack: $79 Wonder if Rose (Santamaker) who is rooster crazy will go snag this.
Turkey platter: $19.95 I keep eyeing this every week...don't know why it hasn't been bought!

Butterfly mirror...only $14

Close-up of top of mirror...whose reflection do I see? :-)

Love this plate: $29

Huge silver tray: $29

Iron and Seagrass, 2 pc. bistro set...hand painted $59. I've never seen one like this before...

Close-up...

Gotta have a book or two in here for Lynne (Lynne's Gifts from the Heart) $9.95

Vanna (lvroftiques) who has a gorgeous French bedroom posted on RMS, would love this book, I think: The French Woman's Bedroom...$7.95

Green Iron Terrarium on stand: $59

Every week this guy's in a different place...oooohhh, I see a pretty trunk in the background.


Pretty rug...colors are much prettier in person... $129

This shows the colors a bit better...


Chandelier: $99


This looks like Rose (A Santamaker's Journey) upholstered it...I love it! $249

Close-up of the gorgeous fabric...


Great wall shelf: $28


This little rooster is still here and he's only $12.99...


Cloche...the bottom is really pretty...it's made to look old and is blue and white...$19.95

Ok...now for my purchases: I bought this 14 inch tall urn for only $14.95. I'm trying to decide if I'm going to take the faux flowers out of it and use it in a different way...the flowers are a bit much for me, I think.

Close-up...

Would you leave the flowers? If not, what would you put in the top?

I also bought this bunny tureen for only $4. There was a tiny chip on the rim on the inside of the lower dish...but for $4, I couldn't pass him up. He's 12 inches long, so he's good size.
So what were your favs this week? I'm still in love with that seashell chest! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment